Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

MoeTip: How to clean exhaust tips

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 10:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Zorro
Moe you're outta control. OCD is quite the understatement!!
There are times I ask "what did I get myself into?" There was this 1958 Mercedes 190SL that ended up taking 3 days when it should have been done in 2. I couldn't stop. I just kept taking things apart, polishing all the aluminum trim, going to Mercedes Classic Cars and getting parts that needed replacing, etc. I was having a lot of fun with it and had to stop myself

Old 12-06-2008, 06:03 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jpohl402 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
One more question-
I tried this exact same technique today for over an hour with the same products. My car is an E55 w 55k miles, and the inside exhaust tips have never once been cleaned.
My result is definately better than it was originally, and I know you're doing this to a newer 63 car, but mine is nowhere near this level of cleanliness or perfection.
Should I invest more time and energy with this process, could you recommend anything else, or am i stuck being at about 50% perfect??
Thank you so much!

Old 12-07-2008, 01:51 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jpohl402
One more question-
I tried this exact same technique today for over an hour with the same products. My car is an E55 w 55k miles, and the inside exhaust tips have never once been cleaned.
My result is definately better than it was originally, and I know you're doing this to a newer 63 car, but mine is nowhere near this level of cleanliness or perfection.
Should I invest more time and energy with this process, could you recommend anything else, or am i stuck being at about 50% perfect??
Thank you so much!
What exactly did you do and use? There have been some pretty bad tail pipes that have been brought back to life using the same procedure and products. Sometimes, you may have to do it a few times. But, there are times where the damage is too far gone and that's the best that can be done. Can you take some pictures and post? Thanks.