Notices
Detailing & Paint Protection Detailing tips, tricks, and product information to keep your vehicle in showroom condition.

Wet Sanding and Upholstery in Miami

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2008, 08:34 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
0to60in4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Wet Sanding and Upholstery in Miami

I'm interested in locating someone who really knows how to properly wet sand a black vehicle in the South Florida area. Looking to remove the orange-peel that comes standard on a new Mercedes factory paint job. Did it to my last Mercedes and it looked like a paint job on a Bentley. But that place is gone and I want to do it again.

Also, looking for a good upholstery place to add sticking or piping to my Recaro seats.

Thanks for the info in advance,

CT

Old 10-13-2008, 11:57 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
MoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond reputeMoeMistry has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 0to60in4
I'm interested in locating someone who really knows how to properly wet sand a black vehicle in the South Florida area. Looking to remove the orange-peel that comes standard on a new Mercedes factory paint job. Did it to my last Mercedes and it looked like a paint job on a Bentley. But that place is gone and I want to do it again.

Also, looking for a good upholstery place to add sticking or piping to my Recaro seats.

CT
I'm not sure when it was you had your MB wetsanded before you got your new MB. Clients often inquire about wetsanding their finish to achieve the finish on a rolls royce or aston martin. Trouble is, production paint from MB, BMW, Lexus, etc. isn't as thick as rolls royce. So by wetsanding the paint, you've just decreased the UV protection in the clear coat by thinning it out.

I know that a properly leveled paint can look absolutely amazing, but you must take into consideration the paint you're working with. Plus, on the newer ceramic paints, if not wetsanded properly, the clearcoat's memory will show the sand marks after some time. IMHO, the cons outweigh the pros when wetsanding a production vehicle.

Old 10-13-2008, 01:22 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KevinS4 has a reputation beyond reputeKevinS4 has a reputation beyond reputeKevinS4 has a reputation beyond reputeKevinS4 has a reputation beyond reputeKevinS4 has a reputation beyond reputeKevinS4 has a reputation beyond reputeKevinS4 has a reputation beyond reputeKevinS4 has a reputation beyond reputeKevinS4 has a reputation beyond reputeKevinS4 has a reputation beyond reputeKevinS4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 0to60in4

CT

Contact CHINO 305-299-9127. He does great work.