Notices
Classic Muscle Classic Muscle Car Discussion Forum.

What Classic project cars are you working on.

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2012, 01:00 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Wearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
What Classic project cars are you working on.

Since I spent ~5 hours under the Cadillac today figured I would throw up a pictures and see what else you guys might be working on.

Bought the car painted about two months ago after I finished the 28 roadster and sold it. Fully soda blasted and all rust work done. I had a good lead on a 24 Rolls but just ended up helping locate parts for a friend and bought this.

So far I have gone through the motor, all the drive-train, rebuilt the airride, started rewiring and finalized the interior, new valves, started removing the air con, and sent the last of the interior stuff that I need out for chrome. Also built a quick exhaust, resealed the gas tank, new fuel lines and will start rebuilding the front end when my new rubber gets here.

Its at coming up on the point on no return, though.

Option 1
I have to fix a few eletrical items and then its safe and drivable, little rat rodish but fun.

Option 2
I pull the motor, and start rebuilding all of the AC/Heat, convert the manual windows back to power and go full restoration. Would add major time and effort but it would be more comfortable in the long run, figure another 12-15KK and it would be done. Would never get my money back.

So what are you guys working on.

Name:  WP_000050.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  167.3 KB

Old 01-13-2012, 10:21 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!911Boy You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Lately I have been helping my dad turn his '47 Willys jeep Pickup

Attached Images  
Old 01-13-2012, 10:45 AM
Teamspeed Pro
RDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond reputeRDuke has a reputation beyond repute
Nothing at the moment (or for the past few years) but I've been known to bring most of my cars home in boxes...

Old 01-15-2012, 08:28 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
mattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond reputemattjs33 has a reputation beyond repute
Currently I have a few projects (junk!), but unfortunately not enough time and money. Someday...

I've got three trucks I rescued from Grandpa's farm, a 1959 Studebaker 4E11 3/4 ton pickup, a 1949 Chevrolet 3800 five window, and a 1941 White WB14 ten wheel flatbed. To be honest these are all extremely rough and restoration might not be possible. The White is pretty cool, would love to get that on the road.

The last one I my uncle let me have, right before he passed. It's a 1922 Diamond T model K, a 7 ton truck. It rides on solid tires, 36 inch in front, 40 in the rear. The thing is simply massive. Took two flatbeds and an entire day to move it because the worm gear rear end in currently out of it. My uncle said he had the crank start engine running a few years ago! The cab is all wood, and I've already talked to a guy about redoing it. I'd love to finish it for my uncle someday.

Attached Images     
Old 01-15-2012, 11:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
Ive got a 1967 Mustang Convertible