Notices
Classic Muscle Classic Muscle Car Discussion Forum.

89 Turbo Trans Am Indy Pace Car Restorative Detail by Richie's Custom Detailing

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 08:14 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Richie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud of
89 Turbo Trans Am Indy Pace Car Restorative Detail by Richie's Custom Detailing

A long time of client of mine recently purchased this 1989 20th Anniversary Turbo Trans Am Indy Pace Car Edition.

He wanted it prepped for the Cars for the Cure show.

The car is an all original 3700 mile example except the tires.

This car is # 848 of 1550 built and is complete with all documentation from the bill of sale right down to the original dealer temp tag.

Sticker price back in 89 was $34,000 which was higher than the Corvette of the same year.

These cars were shipped to California where PAS fitted them with the 3.8 GN Turbo V6.

They are also equipped with larger Corvette brakes which explains the different offset for the front wheels.

The paint was also out sourced and is a nice solvent based urethane, unfortunately they didn't know how to properly finish down paint as you will see in the before shots.

Ok lets get on with the detail.

When I arrived.

Defects under the lights.

Drivers door before.

Corrected.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:16 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Richie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud ofRichie Carbone has much to be proud of
More defects.

Lower portion of drivers door.

Before.

Corrected.

Taillights.

Before.

50/50

Wheels were sent out for some new rubber.

Rear taillight filler panel.

Before.

Corrected.

More defects.

Front bumper cover before.

Corrected.

Other side. Notice the DA sanding marks.

Corrected.

Got the wheels back with some new safe rubber. (previous set of tires were dated 1999)

Then the wheels were sealed.

Exhaust. The car sat for long periods of time. That's not carbon build up..it's rust.

50/50

Done.

Wheels re-installed and torqued to spec.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Afters.

LED.

More afters.

Interior after.

This shot reminds me of ET's profile.

Early morning shots day of the show.

Old 02-06-2011, 08:20 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Vehicle stats.

Shots from the show.

Original sticker kit in the original box along with the owners manual.

[IMG]http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/poneklr/John%20C%2089%20Turbo%20TA%20After/IMG_3647

Old 04-17-2011, 01:19 PM
Teamspeed Member
FastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura aboutFastBoatDealer has a spectacular aura about
Wow amazing attention to detail, my truck would make you cry but I would love to hand it over to you for a couple days. I actually thought the TA looked pretty good when you got it, simply amazing how much better you made it look.

Reading the production numbers it seems odd but the base may actually be worth more now considering they only produced 15 of them.

Old 04-17-2011, 01:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Great looking car, I love these old obscure ones. I am confused where it says fastest stock bodied car, 294 mph????

@ old school steering wheel functions.