Notices
Classic Muscle Classic Muscle Car Discussion Forum.

new snags headed my way

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 05:40 PM
Teamspeed Member
spg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond repute
it was, without question the very best 7 days i've had anywhere any time. first, im a big road cyclist so i was up early training in 70degree insanity, 4 hours, home shower. a little lunch, and then spent hours just walking barrett jackson. its so huge i cant even explain. i'll post a thread wtih some random barrett and other auction photos. its definately middle america this year at bj. the upper end stuff wasnt so upper and people got carried away.

i bot a red hemi cuda (didnt post that yet as its on its way), for well under market at a different auction, numbers matchin. someon yahoo at bj bot the ice blue one for 190, non matching, average to below average color. insanely too high.

but its like the size of great adventure. there huge , and i mean HUGE tents like football stadium size of cars. the best stuff was in the pavillion. probably 200 of the nicest cars you could have in one place. tons of food, a carnival. what a show.

then late afternoon, i would go home , relax at apooll. I had BJ on my laptop with bidding remote access incase something came about. my wife was laughing at me. just incase something was a stoopid deal, like a bafoon. i bought nothing at barret.
but then after dinner,w e'd go to Russo and that was INSANELY fun. the energy was thru the roof. it was the size of a boxing ring, with bleachers on each side, tons of energy, the annoucnes and ringmen. wild, beyond.

when i was buying the challenger it ran up good and at some point, i shook the guys hand, went into the crowd, waved him off. the reserve was like 100k higher. seller finally dropped down, they came into crowd, 3 of the ringman and that guy /owner drew. hovering over me, told me if i gave X i'd have it. i did. the auctioneer started using my bid to get more from the other bid and the owner stopped him and said, "we had a deal, sold here". both the 429 and the challenger wre the highdollar cars ont he day at that point and probably thru saturday.

the deals to be had were thurs and firday.
saturday mornign i went to gooding. i was targeting the 288GTO. it was me and the last bidder. we foolishly ran it up from a lot to more than a lot. 3 fricking times the goof with the english accent was like "going for the first time, the second time and third....and....last time..." that stoopid gavel was 9mm from the desk, oh to be mine, and then the phone guy came over the top. ugh. when my wife finally drew blood on my forearm with her nails, i stopped, and he took it. oh that was a sweet car.

gooding was the grey poupon and caviar crowd. us sportscar guys had no place.

go home, pass out. get up, do it again.
was awsome.

for us car guys, just too see all that hardware is insane.
insane.
i only bot stuff because i thought i got it all at 30, 40% under the market. more or less. and it was sick stuff. and you could scope out the seller and . well, it was fun.

150% i'll be there next year.
ill get some photos up shortly.

Originally Posted by Barrister
That must have been exciting. I always enjoy watching the auctions on Speed. What's it like to actually be there buying? I have been thinking about going for a long time now.

Old 01-22-2009, 06:57 PM
Teamspeed Member
spg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond reputespg993tt has a reputation beyond repute
here a link to a thread where i loaded up some photos

really fun week. here are some photos on this thread.

https://teamspeed.com/forums/classic...tml#post223109