Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

PTT price advice

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 01:01 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
PTT price advice

I'm considering switching from my M5 Individual to a PTT.

What kind of cash pricing should I expect relative to MSRP on a new 2014 one with say a $156k sticker?

What about this 2013?

2013 Porsche Panamera Turbo Pompano Beach, Florida | Champion Porsche

Old 06-08-2013, 10:02 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Usually 10% markup with porsche, so that is 15k for them to discount from sticker price to invoice. So far they cut 5k, I think another 5k off, would be a fair offer at a price of 146k.

Can you give me a honest review of your M5 ownership? So many guys seem to be unloading theirs after a short ownership. I am considering an M5, S6 or E63 as my next sedan.

Good luck!

Old 06-08-2013, 10:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Usually 10% markup with porsche, so that is 15k for them to discount from sticker price to invoice. So far they cut 5k, I think another 5k off, would be a fair offer at a price of 146k.

Can you give me a honest review of your M5 ownership? So many guys seem to be unloading theirs after a short ownership. I am considering an M5, S6 or E63 as my next sedan.

Good luck!
I actually find the M5 is a fantastic car. On both performance and technology bases it's a much better car than the PTT I my opinion - Porsche is easier to drive but that makes it a little less fun. M5 is a little tail happy which makes it edgy like the older 911s. Very entertaining car to drive.

I am considering selling because it kills me to have spent $115k on a car that looks like a $50k 528i. In South Beach it feels a little anonymous driving an M5, even an Individual model like mine. That said, I would definitely choose an M5 over an S6 or a E63. There's no comparison.

How does Porsche look on depreciation? Is it 50% after 3 years or better than that?

Last edited by StealthPilot; 06-08-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:26 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
MIA997TTBeast has a spectacular aura aboutMIA997TTBeast has a spectacular aura aboutMIA997TTBeast has a spectacular aura aboutMIA997TTBeast has a spectacular aura aboutMIA997TTBeast has a spectacular aura aboutMIA997TTBeast has a spectacular aura aboutMIA997TTBeast has a spectacular aura aboutMIA997TTBeast has a spectacular aura aboutMIA997TTBeast has a spectacular aura aboutMIA997TTBeast has a spectacular aura aboutMIA997TTBeast has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by StealthPilot
I'm considering switching from my M5 Individual to a PTT.

What kind of cash pricing should I expect relative to MSRP on a new 2014 one with say a $156k sticker?

What about this 2013?

2013 Porsche Panamera Turbo Pompano Beach, Florida | Champion Porsche
Stealth, you are on M5Board, as I still lurke there and you are almost bashing the P-cars, I think it's you and now you are coming to the dark side? Haha!

Good choice man! I too had a E60 and I loved it to death and I see the M's and it's exactly the same thought, it looks like a 535 or 550 being a much faster and expensive car.

I have a PTT now and in no way this car is technologically nor performance "not better", of course opinions are like arses.

You are in Florida? Champion is a great company and have a great motorsports division, if you are down here in S.FL let me know and I'll check with one of the guys there that I know and see what they can do. You could drive the PTT and I'll test drive the M, let me know.

Old 06-08-2013, 10:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
What's the best Porsche forum to search for more info?

Old 06-09-2013, 01:50 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by StealthPilot
I actually find the M5 is a fantastic car. On both performance and technology bases it's a much better car than the PTT I my opinion - Porsche is easier to drive but that makes it a little less fun. M5 is a little tail happy which makes it edgy like the older 911s. Very entertaining car to drive.

I am considering selling because it kills me to have spent $115k on a car that looks like a $50k 528i. In South Beach it feels a little anonymous driving an M5, even an Individual model like mine. That said, I would definitely choose an M5 over an S6 or a E63. There's no comparison.

How does Porsche look on depreciation? Is it 50% after 3 years or better than that?
I appreciate your feedback. Saying that there is no comparison between the M5, S6 and E63 seems odd. The car mags have compared them and usually the M5 does not fare well. I think it was Car&Driver that the M5 rated last of the 3 car comparo. I don't always go by the mags and like to hear owners perspectives. Also there seems to be a huge trend of guys selling there M5 after a short time, there must be something to that, I would think.

Old 06-09-2013, 01:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
I appreciate your feedback. Saying that there is no comparison between the M5, S6 and E63 seems odd. The car mags have compared them and usually the M5 does not fare well. I think it was Car&Driver that the M5 rated last of the 3 car comparo. I don't always go by the mags and like to hear owners perspectives. Also there seems to be a huge trend of guys selling there M5 after a short time, there must be something to that, I would think.
Personally I don't go with what the mags say. The S6 is a very soft car compared with the M and the AMG cars. It uses an automatic gearbox. It's not race tuned. It's more like a 550xi. RS7 is a different story but personally I won't buy a $120k car with a plastic dash so RS7 is out for me.

The E63 is just outdated. It has a crap gearbox, and the Comand system is a joke. You can't use Bluetooth without turning on the radio and then muting it. Plus the Mercedes doesn't corner very well. It does have a nice engine though. New one may be interesting but the new nav system is still junk.

As for number of M5s for resale - I don't know how to judge that because I don't know how many new ones they sold. I think it's a lot. What I do know is that there are more used 2013 Panamera GTS and Turbo for sale in Miami than used 2013 M5s. Given the M5 is a cheaper car, this tells me that the volume can't be unusual.

From Autotrader do a search for used 2013 M5s and used 2013 Panamera GTS, Turbo and Turbo S, within 100 miles of 33139.
Results:
- 2 used 2013 M5s
- 1 used 2013 Panny Turbo S
- 2 used 2013 Panny Turbo
- 3 used 2013 Panny GTS.

So I don't think the M5 is being dumped. I think it is normal that the kind of people who buy $100k+ cars (I.e. millionaires with top 1% income) change cars frequently - I normally buy a new car every year.

Last edited by StealthPilot; 06-09-2013 at 01:44 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by MIA997TTBeast
You are in Florida? Champion is a great company and have a great motorsports division, if you are down here in S.FL let me know and I'll check with one of the guys there that I know and see what they can do. You could drive the PTT and I'll test drive the M, let me know.
what do you think I could get this for given the current discounting?

2013 Porsche Panamera Turbo S Pompano Beach, Florida | Champion Porsche

Old 06-09-2013, 08:02 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
MIA997TTBeast has a spectacular aura aboutMIA997TTBeast has a spectacular aura aboutMIA997TTBeast has a spectacular aura aboutMIA997TTBeast has a spectacular aura aboutMIA997TTBeast has a spectacular aura aboutMIA997TTBeast has a spectacular aura aboutMIA997TTBeast has a spectacular aura aboutMIA997TTBeast has a spectacular aura aboutMIA997TTBeast has a spectacular aura aboutMIA997TTBeast has a spectacular aura aboutMIA997TTBeast has a spectacular aura about
STEALTH, I can't see the specific options for this car other than the standard stuff.

Make sure it comes with PDCC (PTV if you want the car to modulate gas while in the corners), Sports Chrono and Backup Camera if possible, you got to check the Zero visibility in the back you get without it. You got to hear the Burmester though which I have nd make your decision about sound. I said I did not care about it before, but once I heard it I made it a must have.

The minimum I would ask for it is 15% discount from MSRP, due to the refresh which in my opinion is worth it.

So far they did not announce the Turbo S, the announced the executive which is a LONGER Panamera, go figure.

Let me know what options come with that one and I'll let you know.

Florida is a tough state to negotiate though, good luck with that as well.

Old 06-09-2013, 08:12 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of81911 has much to be proud of
It will have to be on the lot or in transit as the first gen Panamera is no longer being produced.

Quick Reply: PTT price advice