Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

Porsche Macan Mules

Old 03-14-2012, 07:59 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Just found this little nugget from an article on MotorAuthority.

First up, the Macan

The Macan compact crossover will be an obvious target for improving fleet fuel economy averages. A "four-cylinder makes sense" for the Macan, says Bernhard Maier, though it won't be a boxer-style engine, as it wouldn't fit the platform.

It will also be targeted at a new sort of buyer for Porsche: more urban, younger, and likely more concerned with fuel economy and price. As the fastest growing segment in the industry as a whole, Porsche wants a piece of the B-segment SUV pie.

Porsche CEO Mueller says a "cautious estimate" of Macan volume at the outset is 50,000-55,000 units per year. Some of that volume will likely come from the entry-level end of Cayenne sales, says Mueller--about 10 percent. The rest, however, will be buyers new to the brand.

Can anyone say 'Audi's 2.0L 4-cylinder turbo?"

Porschephile88

Old 03-14-2012, 10:51 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
acrides is on a distinguished roadacrides is on a distinguished road
I was quite excited until that post.

While the 2.0t is a great motor, i was hoping that Porsche would do something different then the Q5/Tiguan Motor.

Old 03-14-2012, 11:22 AM
Teamspeed Member
Taffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura aboutTaffin has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by acrides
While the 2.0t is a great motor, i was hoping that Porsche would do something different then the Q5/Tiguan Motor.
they will do something different on the engine, namely change the badge and charge more for it

Old 03-14-2012, 12:21 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
This entire thread is based on speculation and bullshit.

Old 03-14-2012, 02:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Porschephile88
Just found this little nugget from an article on MotorAuthority.

First up, the Macan

The Macan compact crossover will be an obvious target for improving fleet fuel economy averages. A "four-cylinder makes sense" for the Macan, says Bernhard Maier, though it won't be a boxer-style engine, as it wouldn't fit the platform.

It will also be targeted at a new sort of buyer for Porsche: more urban, younger, and likely more concerned with fuel economy and price. As the fastest growing segment in the industry as a whole, Porsche wants a piece of the B-segment SUV pie.

Porsche CEO Mueller says a "cautious estimate" of Macan volume at the outset is 50,000-55,000 units per year. Some of that volume will likely come from the entry-level end of Cayenne sales, says Mueller--about 10 percent. The rest, however, will be buyers new to the brand.

Can anyone say 'Audi's 2.0L 4-cylinder turbo?"
Porschephile88
That's sickening. None of the new cars do anything for me, sorry.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:14 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Brobbins016
This entire thread is based on speculation and bullshit.
welcome to the car forums world

Old 03-14-2012, 05:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
My Porsche source tells me the new Macan is going to be heavily based off the Q5. I was notified the roof panel and doors will be carry overs. The front end will be a little lower, and there will be new tail lights. I was told to cut costs, they are only putting a Porsche badge on the front, and depending on how the workers on the production line are feeling the day they build your Macan, there may or may not be an Audi badge on the rear.

Other pieces of information I learned is that that are 7.5 cup holders, and engine options in common with the VW Beetle. I also heard that Porsche will be recycling all of the unused automatic transmissions from the Saab factories as another cost cutting technique.

Old 03-14-2012, 07:16 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Toys"R"Us ?

Originally Posted by Carrera
My Porsche source tells me

Old 03-14-2012, 07:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Guest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond reputeGuest has a reputation beyond repute
Rep to ECB

Old 03-16-2012, 07:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ECB
Toys"R"Us ?
Great, now I'm outed!