Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

The New Porsche Macan is coming [Video]

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 07:47 AM
Teamspeed Member
Wild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond reputeWild-Speed has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow The New Porsche Macan is coming [Video]

Name:  01_1280_800.jpg
Views: 1870
Size:  101.7 KB

Name for new Porsche SUV is Macan

Stuttgart. Dr. Ing. h.c. F. Porsche AG, Stuttgart's new sports car in the SUV segment has been given the name Macan. The name Macan is derived from the Indonesian word for tiger and combines suppleness, power, fascination and dynamics – core characteristics of the new off-road car.

The Macan combines all sports car characteristics with the benefits of a SUV and is a genuine Porsche, said Bernhard Maier, Member of the Executive Board Sales and Marketing of Porsche AG. The name of a new Porsche has to fit with the brand, sound good in very many languages and dialects and evoke positive associations.

As the fifth Porsche model line, the Macan is a central plank of Strategy 2018, by which the sports car manufacturer wishes to expand its model portfolio. Porsche intends the Macan to emulate the success of the Cayenne. The SUV will start coming off the production lines in Leipzig in 2013. To that end, the site in this city in Saxony is being expanded into a fully-fledged production plant including body assembly line and paint shop; with 500 million euro of investment one of the biggest building projects in Porsche's corporate history. In the medium-term, the sports car manufacturer will be creating more than 1,000 new jobs here.

Word names at Porsche have a concrete connection with the corresponding model and its characteristics: the name Boxster describes the combination of boxer engine and roadster, Cayenne stands for sharpness, the Cayman is snappy and agile and a Panamera is more than a Gran Turismo, capable also of winning the Carrera Panamericana long-distance race.

Source [Porsche]

The Porsche Macan is coming. - YouTube

Last edited by Wild-Speed; 02-16-2012 at 07:48 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:51 AM
Teamspeed Pro
rangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for posting!

Old 02-16-2012, 08:23 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!astonmartinone77 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Haha, I was just 'bout to post this. But thanks of doing it! I think the idea of a smaller Porsche SUV makes more sense than a big one because it seems that smaller should mean a bit sportier. Plus, look at the 911-inspired taillights.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:38 AM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
TBH I'm fed up with all these medium-sized SUV-wannabes (Q5, XC60, Tiguan etc etc). But they seem to sell so I guess I can't blame Porsche for meeting the demand.

Old 02-16-2012, 08:55 AM
Teamspeed Member
andy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura aboutandy102 has a spectacular aura about
I just hope it's better looking than the Cayenne.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:08 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Amzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond repute
"Macan" sounds better than "Cajun".

Old 02-16-2012, 09:11 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Milanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond repute
Looks very interesting. I would say its better shaped than Cayenne - especially rear part!

And wheels are about 26"

Old 02-16-2012, 09:13 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond reputeZEM930 has a reputation beyond repute
Ohhhh here we go. The long wait ahead. The renderings. The endless "I hate it comments"(before official pictures). And then the tons of I love it comments lol

The enthusiast side of me says no no no. The business side of me says it cant come fast enough

Old 02-16-2012, 09:16 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Ferrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond reputeFerrari FL has a reputation beyond repute
Porsche is going to do very well with this one!

Old 02-16-2012, 09:16 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Milanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond repute
I forgot to say - Macan sounds pretty funny (reminds me on some Japanese car model)

Quick Reply: The New Porsche Macan is coming [Video]