Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

The New Porsche Macan is coming [Video]

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 02:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
I like the idea

Old 02-17-2012, 05:21 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Amzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond reputeAmzamus has a reputation beyond repute
I found something on Road&Track:

Old 02-17-2012, 08:40 AM
Former Sponsor
Forged Technologies You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Forged Technologies You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Forged Technologies You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Forged Technologies You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Forged Technologies You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Forged Technologies You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Forged Technologies You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Forged Technologies You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Forged Technologies You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Forged Technologies You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Forged Technologies You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
This will be a very popular car here in Florida!

Old 02-17-2012, 10:07 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I'm really excited by this upcoming product and I'm completely assured that Porsche will do a fantastic job with the Macan.

I like the name; it's simple and has a bit of intrigue to it, but I'm a bit worried about how people will go about butchering the name [like with the Cayenne - Kay-en, Kai-anne, Kai-yeen...].

From what I've picked up and based on my own judgment, I'm predicting an engine lineup of the following for the Macan model range:

Macan: Audi-sourced/Porsche-tuned 2.0 TFSI with 240-250 hp
Macan Diesel: Audi-sourced/Porsche-tuned 2.0 TDI with 180-200 hp
Macan S: Audi-sourced/Porsche-tuned 3.0 TFSI with 340-350 hp
Macan Turbo: Porsche-sourced twin-turbo V6 with up to 450 hp

Keep in mind that as far as the exterior, the Macan will maintain the Q5's windshield angle and A, B and C pillars, but Porsche adamantly states that the two will share no exterior parts or components whatsoever. Much as I was hoping for an edgier look [more curves, something more cohesively 911-esque than shrunken-down Cayenne], apparently the Macan will closely resemble the Cayenne but have subtle exterior twists, such as a 911/coupé profile, headlights that are wider and shorter in height than those on the Cayenne as well as taillights that resemble those on the 991.

The interior is stated to be a liftoff from the 981 Boxster/Cayman, but I hope Porsche will at least go to some lengths and build a standalone, Macan-personalized interior that doesn't look like something standardized across the Boxster, Cayman and Macan.

Since it won't be designed for serious off-roading or towing, I'm wondering if the Macan will offer bits like the sport chrono package. A sport exhaust system should be available seeing as one is offered for the Cayenne. More importantly though, what transmission will Porsche source? The Cayenne-/Touareg-related Q7 uses a ZF-sourced eight-speed tiptronic to assist in towing and off-roading while the Cayenne and Touareg use the eight-speed, Aisin torque converting tiptronic. The Q5 uses Audi's double-clutch, seven-speed S-Tronic, leading me to think that maybe Porsche could offer the Macan with PDK. I hope this goes through.

Whew, that was more than I expected.

What do you guys think?

Porschephile88

Old 02-17-2012, 10:11 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Milanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond repute
If Porsche make effort on Macan like they did on new Boxster, than there is no doubt that Macan will look better than Cayenne!

Old 02-17-2012, 10:30 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Swissvax USA has a brilliant futureSwissvax USA has a brilliant futureSwissvax USA has a brilliant futureSwissvax USA has a brilliant futureSwissvax USA has a brilliant futureSwissvax USA has a brilliant futureSwissvax USA has a brilliant futureSwissvax USA has a brilliant futureSwissvax USA has a brilliant futureSwissvax USA has a brilliant futureSwissvax USA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by andy102
I just hope it's better looking than the Cayenne.
The new Cayenne is an excellent car both in looks and performance.... if you have not driven one go try it out you will be surprised.... The Diesel version is so quick and the fuel economy is amazing....

Old 02-17-2012, 12:03 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Porschephile88
I'm really excited by this upcoming product and I'm completely assured that Porsche will do a fantastic job with the Macan.

I like the name; it's simple and has a bit of intrigue to it, but I'm a bit worried about how people will go about butchering the name [like with the Cayenne - Kay-en, Kai-anne, Kai-yeen...].

From what I've picked up and based on my own judgment, I'm predicting an engine lineup of the following for the Macan model range:

Macan: Audi-sourced/Porsche-tuned 2.0 TFSI with 240-250 hp
Macan Diesel: Audi-sourced/Porsche-tuned 2.0 TDI with 180-200 hp
Macan S: Audi-sourced/Porsche-tuned 3.0 TFSI with 340-350 hp
Macan Turbo: Porsche-sourced twin-turbo V6 with up to 450 hp

Keep in mind that as far as the exterior, the Macan will maintain the Q5's windshield angle and A, B and C pillars, but Porsche adamantly states that the two will share no exterior parts or components whatsoever. Much as I was hoping for an edgier look [more curves, something more cohesively 911-esque than shrunken-down Cayenne], apparently the Macan will closely resemble the Cayenne but have subtle exterior twists, such as a 911/coupé profile, headlights that are wider and shorter in height than those on the Cayenne as well as taillights that resemble those on the 991.

The interior is stated to be a liftoff from the 981 Boxster/Cayman, but I hope Porsche will at least go to some lengths and build a standalone, Macan-personalized interior that doesn't look like something standardized across the Boxster, Cayman and Macan.

Since it won't be designed for serious off-roading or towing, I'm wondering if the Macan will offer bits like the sport chrono package. A sport exhaust system should be available seeing as one is offered for the Cayenne. More importantly though, what transmission will Porsche source? The Cayenne-/Touareg-related Q7 uses a ZF-sourced eight-speed tiptronic to assist in towing and off-roading while the Cayenne and Touareg use the eight-speed, Aisin torque converting tiptronic. The Q5 uses Audi's double-clutch, seven-speed S-Tronic, leading me to think that maybe Porsche could offer the Macan with PDK. I hope this goes through.

Whew, that was more than I expected.

What do you guys think?

Porschephile88
I think this could shape up to seem like more than just a car to make money. I can imagine a manual being offered too. Where did you get all of this info from?

Old 02-17-2012, 12:18 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Porschephile88 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by Carrera
I think this could shape up to seem like more than just a car to make money. I can imagine a manual being offered too. Where did you get all of this info from?
I'm not connected to any official sources; I gather bits of information that I see around the Internet and tap into my own knowledge of Porsches/Audis/VWs/cars in general and make educated guesses. Everything I posted seemed like a logical step [to me at least] for Porsche to take and I thought I'd share.

If Porsche plays their cards right, the Macan can truly become more than a cash cow and ramp up the meaning of performance in the compact SUV market the way the Cayenne injected it into larger 'utes.

Porschephile88

Old 02-17-2012, 12:26 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Milanno
I forgot to say - Macan sounds pretty funny (reminds me on some Japanese car model)
To me it sounds like some sort of boring pastry cookie that old women eat along with a cup of tea...lol

Old 02-17-2012, 12:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Here's an interesting discovery. Here is a rendering that was released along with the 958 Cayenne about a year ago.

Name:  Porsche-Cayenne_2011_1024x768_wallpaper_76.jpg
Views: 725
Size:  122.2 KB

Looks kind of familiar to the rendering released for the Macan, no? Pay attention to the sketch lines they're exactly the same.

I must say though the Macan version looks a lot better.

Last edited by Carrera; 02-17-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Quick Reply: The New Porsche Macan is coming [Video]