Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

Qatar | Cayenne & Panamera police cars

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 12:16 PM
Teamspeed Member
FadeToBlack will become famous soon enoughFadeToBlack will become famous soon enoughFadeToBlack will become famous soon enoughFadeToBlack will become famous soon enoughFadeToBlack will become famous soon enoughFadeToBlack will become famous soon enoughFadeToBlack will become famous soon enough
You are acting based on assumptions here. Instead of searching the reference, which will point to a Top Gear episode, you're assuming I have something against Jewish people.
In a forum where everyone is allowed to make a joke on someone else's account you're pointing at me.
I could care less about a ban, but this is a misunderstood comment. I suggest you search for a reference or at least ask instead of acting like I'm Hitler.

"
Dragon’s Den judge Theo Paphitis is in hot water with viewers over a remark made on Sunday’s edition of Top Gear on BBC1.
The corporation has received several complaints over Paphitis’s remark that fellow Dragon Peter Jones’s beige-coloured car was “Jewish racing gold”.
A Board of Deputies spokesman said: “The phrase ‘Jewish racing gold’ is known to us as a colloquial reference to a type of colour for a car; a phrase that has unfortunately leaked into mainstream usage."

Now tell me, how's this meaning of the expression, in any way offending when I was referencing to the color of the car.

If someone would say that Australians are all convicts it would be as accurate as me being a xenophobe/anti-semitic.

Originally Posted by Control It
This comment is so off the wall, I feel like googling "Jewish Racing Gold", but you seem to be using this as a slur. As Stoppie suggests accurately, watch your mouth as anymore comments of this type will certainly result in a banning.

That assumption there is based on what? On the fact that I have a different country flag than yours? I'd really like to know this. How can I "seem" to use that expression in a way that's offensive? Why can a Brit use it and people would laugh, but when I say it, you suppose I'm using it differently? Was there any evidence to support this, any reference in my previous posts towards a xenophobic/anti-semitic attitude coming from me? Have you searched the Internet and found I'm a secret hater?

I could understand asking about it first and maybe editing the post, but this hostile attitude towards something that "seems" like you make it so, is just plain old ignorance. Especially when this forum consists of people of different religions, ethnicity, etc. and when a lot of people actually watched a show, Top Gear that is, laughed at a joke and called it a day. In a car forum, full of Top Gear fans/viewers, you're blaming me for "appearance".

Last edited by FadeToBlack; 01-01-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Teamspeed Pro
rangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond repute
Top Gear, interesting. Let us stick to the topic shall we? And a Happy New Year.

Old 01-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Teamspeed Member
FadeToBlack will become famous soon enoughFadeToBlack will become famous soon enoughFadeToBlack will become famous soon enoughFadeToBlack will become famous soon enoughFadeToBlack will become famous soon enoughFadeToBlack will become famous soon enoughFadeToBlack will become famous soon enough
Happy New Year to all of you. Hopefully everyone had a great time last night.

Old 01-01-2012, 03:27 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!marakji You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Seems to me those offering to "ban" owe an apology, and not just to fadetoblack... More like an apology to all teamspeed members for such a "to quick to pull the trigger" attitude... I for one am stunned... Or maybe not... Come to think of it, there's a beige called "camel beige", and why shouldn't some feel offended by that?!?

Old 01-01-2012, 04:11 PM
MrTheBadGuy
Control It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you for lenghty explaination. I am on my iphone on vacation and promise to respond in kind.

No one suggested the comment has any sort of Hitleresque equivalent.

Thank you for taking the time to explain and i am optimistic good will come of a dialogue.

Happy new year

Mark

Old 01-01-2012, 04:44 PM
Teamspeed Member
Happy New Year to you too.

It was never meant to be hostile towards anyone and hopefully we can all understand this. I can't stress this enough, but I will never lower myself to such an extent as to post something that is an offense towards people of different kinds (religion, ethnicity, skin color, etc.). It's just not right.

All sorts of hate only lowers us as people and never brings anything good to the table.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:05 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by FadeToBlack
Happy New Year to you too.

It was never meant to be hostile towards anyone and hopefully we can all understand this. I can't stress this enough, but I will never lower myself to such an extent as to post something that is an offense towards people of different kinds (religion, ethnicity, skin color, etc.). It's just not right.

All sorts of hate only lowers us as people and never brings anything good to the table.
Your a good man! We need more of this positive influence on here. Happy new year.

Old 01-01-2012, 06:39 PM
Teamspeed Member
Thank you for the kind words.

Old 01-01-2012, 07:06 PM
MrTheBadGuy
Control It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond reputeControl It has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
Your a good man! We need more of this positive influence on here. Happy new year.
Beautifully expressed and clearly heartfelt and appreciated.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:05 AM
MrTheBadGuy
Fade to black, clearly you did not mean to offend. As explained, I was and am on vacation and didn't have time to research the term you used. But I do find the term mildly offensive and would prefer it not being used here.

It's unfortunately common to use insulting terms without meaning to offend..Some people are simply ignorant and never been called out on them. For example, I've had many (countless) people use the phrase "Jewed them down" in discussion how they got a better deal or negotiation. The phrase has been occasionally watered down to 'chew them down'...

Regardless when I hear it I am invariably disgusted and usually say something...

I've had friends turn beet red and become extremely upset that I would think they were being anti Semetic using that phrase..

Your use of "jewish Racing Gold' was reported by a member. All Moderators take reports seriously and in all cases we carefully and considerately make decisions.

I see there was no ill intention with your use of the phrase.

Quick Reply: Qatar | Cayenne & Panamera police cars