Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

Porsche "Pajun" Under Development.

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 09:02 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Post Porsche "Pajun" Under Development.

The Cajun is upsetting, but this is just horrible, horrible brand dilution.

Porsche "Pajun" Under Development - Report

Rendering from Autobild

From WCF:
With the Panamera proving to be a resounding sales success, a new report is indicating Porsche is developing a smaller model to target the BMW 5-Series and Mercedes E-Class. Tentatively dubbed the Pajun - for Panamera Junior - the car would mix traditional Porsche styling with a four-door coupe design. In essence, the idea mimics the philosophy of the Cajun by taking a successful model and building a smaller, cheaper version of it.

Under the hood, engine options would reportedly carryover from the Panamera so expect petrol, hybrid, and diesel variants. While nothing is official, Autobild is reporting the Pajun could be launched in 2016 with prices starting at €60,000.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:03 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like an Indian slang word lol.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:05 PM
Teamspeed Pro
burnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond repute
What is this I don't even

Old 03-23-2011, 09:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Honestly it doesn't matter to me what else porsche makes. As long as they still are making ridiculous GT3 models when I am in the market, I don't care. It will bring more revenue to the company anyways to further 911 development. This will look good anyways because it won't have the panny rear-end. When the cayenne came out I thought it was blasphemy, but now I would love a CTT.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I thought it read "Porsche Palin."

Old 03-23-2011, 09:09 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
No chance this will be called a Pajun.

Porsche is out to make money. People will buy this car, putting money in the VAG coffers. It is a very simple equation.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:16 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
No, it won't be called Pajun, and the Cayenne junior won't be Cajun either. When Porsche got the original reaction about the name Cajun, they were confused, because they didn't think of it as the culture, they thought of it as Cayenne= Ca, Junior= Jun; Cajun. Same with the Pajun (Pronounced Pah-hoon).

I think Porsche should make a luxury segment to separate these cars from the sports cars.

Old 03-23-2011, 09:29 PM
ljg
Teamspeed Pro
ljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond reputeljg has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Carrara
No, it won't be called Pajun, and the Cayenne junior won't be Cajun either. When Porsche got the original reaction about the name Cajun, they were confused, because they didn't think of it as the culture, they thought of it as Cayenne= Ca, Junior= Jun; Cajun. Same with the Pajun (Pronounced Pah-hoon).

I think Porsche should make a luxury segment to separate these cars from the sports cars.
What do you think Audi is? All the same group...

Old 03-23-2011, 09:44 PM
Teamspeed Pro
997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute997carrerasblk06 has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like an A7 competitor..

Old 03-23-2011, 09:50 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!gah993 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
Honestly it doesn't matter to me what else porsche makes. As long as they still are making ridiculous GT3 models when I am in the market, I don't care. It will bring more revenue to the company anyways to further 911 development. This will look good anyways because it won't have the panny rear-end. When the cayenne came out I thought it was blasphemy, but now I would love a CTT.
Agreed!! Imagine the M5 competitor that could come from this model.

Quick Reply: Porsche "Pajun" Under Development.