Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

Ordered a new Cayenne, but...

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2010, 05:12 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Turbo all the way, trust me I am regretting not getting the Turbo for the MK1 cayenne.

Old 05-27-2010, 06:28 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
i've known a few people who had the option of the turbo or just the S, and whenever they got the S, they regretted it.

even though you have some of the hottest cars available to drive, my personal opinion is that the turbo, even though its more money, and it will lose value the second you buy it, will just be a better experience to drive.

its your choice, and judging by your taste, you will make the perfect decision, good luck!

Last edited by sean73T; 05-27-2010 at 06:37 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:34 PM
Seriously. Change it.
BigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond reputeBigE has a reputation beyond repute
IMHO, there is no such thing as "too much power." Get the turbo. There is nothing worse than merging onto the freeway and squeezing the go-pedal and have not as much happen as you are used to. You may not like the ML63, but it does have some serious power. The (relative) lack or step down of power in the S will most likely be frustrating.

Old 05-27-2010, 07:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by gk@domanimotors
What in the H is too much power?
The car has so much power, that you can get up to very high speeds, but weighs too much that you won't be able to stop it.

I must say, the bodywork on the Turbo is much more appealing though.

Old 05-27-2010, 10:54 PM
sean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond reputesean73T has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by porschecarreragtmay6
The car has so much power, that you can get up to very high speeds, but weighs too much that you won't be able to stop it.

I must say, the bodywork on the Turbo is much more appealing though.

the cayenne has plenty of stopping power. from the first generation to the current, i've never heard of anyone complaining of their cayenne pretending to be a Toyota.

Old 05-27-2010, 11:37 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
jcaramia is on a distinguished roadjcaramia is on a distinguished roadjcaramia is on a distinguished roadjcaramia is on a distinguished roadjcaramia is on a distinguished roadjcaramia is on a distinguished road
Turbo!!

Old 05-28-2010, 04:21 AM
ABC
Teamspeed Junior Member
ABC will become famous soon enoughABC will become famous soon enoughABC will become famous soon enoughABC will become famous soon enoughABC will become famous soon enoughABC will become famous soon enoughABC will become famous soon enoughABC will become famous soon enough
Turbo. Just drive it into the ground and you won't have to worry about depreciation.

I went through a similar decision, and I don't regret getting the turbo. It may be overkill for a DD, but its nice to know that you have the power when you want it.

Good luck with your decision!

Old 05-28-2010, 04:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Get the S - you have a gazillion cars to go fast in, wtf do you need the Turbo for...

Old 05-28-2010, 04:33 AM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
If you get the S, you might as well get a bumper sticker that says "I financed this over 20 years".

Old 05-28-2010, 05:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Bronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond reputeBronto has a reputation beyond repute
Between the S and the TT I'd get the TT. Getting some more grunt from a turboengine suits an SUV better.

BTW, why get these nice, modern days SUV. Wouldn't you care for having one of the nuts LM002 with the later V12 engine instead. Only because it's such a nuts car! I saw one in San Francisco racing a Murcielago when I was about 18 and it was one of the most intoxicating sound I've heard. Just a thought...

Quick Reply: Ordered a new Cayenne, but...