Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

09 cayenne GTS for 2010 RR sport supercharged?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2010, 12:23 AM
Teamspeed Member
trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
09 cayenne GTS for 2010 RR sport supercharged?

my cayenne is almost 2 years old and i am itching for something new. a big car is still necessary with 2nd baby coming. i thought that RRS supercharged may be an option after looking at all the choices. so i went to the dealer next to my office for some info. here are my thoughts after a quick visit without a test drive since i didn't have that much time.

1. the interior space is a lot small than i expected. rear passenger seat have limited leg room and the width of back seat seem narrow. the 3rd passenger in the middle would have very little room. by my own comparison, the GTS has jsut as much room and the back seat seem wider. i have carried 3rd person in the middle and was told that there is plenty of shoulder room. this is important since i am putting 2 car seats in the back. same impression for trunk space.

2. the exterior is much nicer than GTS. the extended leather is much more impressive than the full leather on a porsche. it is on par with a high end luxury car. the contrast stiching, premium leather and piano black pieces really impressed me.

3. there is a 10k mark up on the supercharged!!!! i thought it was a mistake. in fact, there is a 20k mark up on a show room car with autobiography edition. but i may be the idiot here since the dealer was full of people and no sign of a recession.

4. great standard features. the only options i wanted only added 4k. my GTS has over 10k of options that are free on the RR.

anyway, i like the car based on today's visit. but i don't love it, mainly because of the space issue. obviously a test drive may change everything. however, GTS drives like a dream and i question if RR can do much better.

i thnk this trade may not be a good idea. i will prob get tired of it in a short time and wishing i kept the GTS. anyone with any thoughts? TIA.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:18 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond repute
I got rid of my Wife's RR Sport Supercharged last year and put her into a Cayenne Turbo S. The power difference alone made the change worth while, but with the new RR Sport engine (which I haven't experienced yet)--I would seriously consider switching back. The RR felt much more "manly" to me...and my Wife has repeatedly said that the RR did better in the snow.

Old 04-29-2010, 11:07 AM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Just a thought, but if you're going to make the switch, maybe wait to see what the new Cayenne looks like in the sheetmetal? Pick up a new Turbo?

I know a person *cough* cough* (me) who would give you a great deal! Used GTS's are in high demand my friend.

- That having been said the new interiors on the RR are sweet. Definately a fan.

Old 04-29-2010, 01:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond reputeTUUNER has a reputation beyond repute
keep the GTS...i have a few friends that grew tired of the RRS quickly...and there is no way i'd pay a markup...good luck...

Old 04-29-2010, 03:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TUUNER
keep the GTS...i have a few friends that grew tired of the RRS quickly...and there is no way i'd pay a markup...good luck...
Uhhmmm. What's an RRS? (I feel so dumb )

Old 04-29-2010, 04:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
one you can get in manual, one you cannot.

simple.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:07 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by porschecarreragtmay6
Uhhmmm. What's an RRS? (I feel so dumb )
Range Rover Sport.

Old 04-30-2010, 01:17 AM
Teamspeed Member
trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!trovan You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by STOPPIE
Just a thought, but if you're going to make the switch, maybe wait to see what the new Cayenne looks like in the sheetmetal? Pick up a new Turbo?

I know a person *cough* cough* (me) who would give you a great deal! Used GTS's are in high demand my friend.

- That having been said the new interiors on the RR are sweet. Definately a fan.

haven't thought about the new cayenne until you mentioned it. i guess i did not like what i saw so far. but real life may be much better. if i buy a car from you and trade my in, shipping charge is going to kill the deal!!

Old 04-30-2010, 10:17 AM
Banned
C Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond reputeC Money has a reputation beyond repute
Only do it if you get the autobiography edition... GTS is a beautiful mix of power,handling and style... You will see 10 RRS for every GTS on the road! If you need more power get a Turbo!

Either way both are great cars!

Old 04-30-2010, 10:18 AM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
RR Sport S/C Autobiography

Quick Reply: 09 cayenne GTS for 2010 RR sport supercharged?