Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Cayenne | Panamera | Macan (https://teamspeed.com/forums/cayenne-panamera-macan/)
-   -   09 cayenne GTS for 2010 RR sport supercharged? (https://teamspeed.com/forums/cayenne-panamera-macan/40861-09-cayenne-gts-2010-rr-sport-supercharged.html)

trovan 04-29-2010 12:23 AM

09 cayenne GTS for 2010 RR sport supercharged?

my cayenne is almost 2 years old and i am itching for something new. a big car is still necessary with 2nd baby coming. i thought that RRS supercharged may be an option after looking at all the choices. so i went to the dealer next to my office for some info. here are my thoughts after a quick visit without a test drive since i didn't have that much time.

1. the interior space is a lot small than i expected. rear passenger seat have limited leg room and the width of back seat seem narrow. the 3rd passenger in the middle would have very little room. by my own comparison, the GTS has jsut as much room and the back seat seem wider. i have carried 3rd person in the middle and was told that there is plenty of shoulder room. this is important since i am putting 2 car seats in the back. same impression for trunk space.

2. the exterior is much nicer than GTS. the extended leather is much more impressive than the full leather on a porsche. it is on par with a high end luxury car. the contrast stiching, premium leather and piano black pieces really impressed me.

3. there is a 10k mark up on the supercharged!!!! i thought it was a mistake. in fact, there is a 20k mark up on a show room car with autobiography edition. but i may be the idiot here since the dealer was full of people and no sign of a recession.

4. great standard features. the only options i wanted only added 4k. my GTS has over 10k of options that are free on the RR.

anyway, i like the car based on today's visit. but i don't love it, mainly because of the space issue. obviously a test drive may change everything. however, GTS drives like a dream and i question if RR can do much better.

i thnk this trade may not be a good idea. i will prob get tired of it in a short time and wishing i kept the GTS. anyone with any thoughts? TIA.

bradb1us 04-29-2010 10:18 AM

I got rid of my Wife's RR Sport Supercharged last year and put her into a Cayenne Turbo S. The power difference alone made the change worth while, but with the new RR Sport engine (which I haven't experienced yet)--I would seriously consider switching back. The RR felt much more "manly" to me...and my Wife has repeatedly said that the RR did better in the snow.

STOPPIE 04-29-2010 11:07 AM

Just a thought, but if you're going to make the switch, maybe wait to see what the new Cayenne looks like in the sheetmetal? Pick up a new Turbo?

I know a person *cough* cough* (me) who would give you a great deal! Used GTS's are in high demand my friend. :)

- That having been said the new interiors on the RR are sweet. Definately a fan.

TUUNER 04-29-2010 01:37 PM

keep the GTS...i have a few friends that grew tired of the RRS quickly...and there is no way i'd pay a markup...good luck...

Carrera 04-29-2010 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by TUUNER (Post 599344)
keep the GTS...i have a few friends that grew tired of the RRS quickly...and there is no way i'd pay a markup...good luck...

Uhhmmm. What's an RRS? (I feel so dumb :resent: )

Craigger 04-29-2010 04:06 PM

one you can get in manual, one you cannot.

simple.

bradb1us 04-29-2010 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by porschecarreragtmay6 (Post 599456)
Uhhmmm. What's an RRS? (I feel so dumb :resent: )

Range Rover Sport.

trovan 04-30-2010 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by STOPPIE (Post 599145)
Just a thought, but if you're going to make the switch, maybe wait to see what the new Cayenne looks like in the sheetmetal? Pick up a new Turbo?

I know a person *cough* cough* (me) who would give you a great deal! Used GTS's are in high demand my friend. :)

- That having been said the new interiors on the RR are sweet. Definately a fan.

haven't thought about the new cayenne until you mentioned it. i guess i did not like what i saw so far. but real life may be much better. if i buy a car from you and trade my in, shipping charge is going to kill the deal!!

C Money 04-30-2010 10:17 AM

Only do it if you get the autobiography edition... GTS is a beautiful mix of power,handling and style... You will see 10 RRS for every GTS on the road! If you need more power get a Turbo!

Either way both are great cars!

MeanMachine 04-30-2010 10:18 AM

RR Sport S/C Autobiography