Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

2011 Porsche Cayenne Diesel Spied Winter Testing

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 09:14 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Post 2011 Porsche Cayenne Diesel Spied Winter Testing

"Spy photographers in Sweden captured a new set of pictures featuring the next-generation Porsche Cayenne. The auto paparazzi swarmed when the SUV pulled into a fuel station where the prototype was filled with diesel.

If that is the case, the spied SUV likely uses a 3.0-liter TDI V6 from Volkswagen that produces up to 240 PS (177 kW / 236 hp). One thing has been made clear: the next-gen Cayenne looks very much like the photo posted to Porsche's German website, as suspected.

The new Cayenne will be sold in both conventional and hybrid models, with a total of five different power outputs available. The Cayenne hybrid is expected to use an Audi 3.0-liter supercharged V6 producing about 333 PS (245 kW / 328 hp), and a 46 PS (34 kW / 45.5 hp) electric motor. This makes the SUV an upmarket version of the VW Touareg Hybrid, which could become Porsche's most fuel efficient vehicle ever. Other engines will likely include the a turbocharged 500 PS (368 kW / 493 hp) 4.8-liter V8, a naturally-aspirated 405 PS (298 kW / 399 hp) version of the same engine, a 3.6-liter V6 producing 290 PS (213 kW / 286 hp), and the diesel model mentioned earlier.

The 2011 Porsche Cayenne is expected to debut on the web this week, and in person at next week's Geneva Motor Show."
Source Worldcarfans

Old 02-22-2010, 09:35 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Front acceptable, side profile and rear too toned down compared to the current cayenne.

Old 02-22-2010, 11:32 PM
Teamspeed Member
BlueSander is a name known to allBlueSander is a name known to allBlueSander is a name known to allBlueSander is a name known to allBlueSander is a name known to allBlueSander is a name known to allBlueSander is a name known to allBlueSander is a name known to allBlueSander is a name known to allBlueSander is a name known to allBlueSander is a name known to all
yea, not feeling the front still. I'm afraid the rear end is gettig worse.

Old 02-23-2010, 06:27 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond reputeGTCole has a reputation beyond repute
The base Cayenne's have never really looked that good. I think a Turbo with the sport design package will rock.

Old 02-23-2010, 08:29 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
I agree - Cayenne looks good only when it is loaded. I am looking to see version like GTS a little bit earlier, rumor was that it will join model line earlier as was planned previously.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:33 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Randy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond reputeRandy@DomaniMotors has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jcc2tx
The base Cayenne's have never really looked that good. I think a Turbo with the sport design package will rock.
Agreed, current gen regular Cayennes are also very soft and cushy looking. In Turbo or GTS trim they start to look much better.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:07 PM
Teamspeed Member
GT Motoring has much to be proud ofGT Motoring has much to be proud ofGT Motoring has much to be proud ofGT Motoring has much to be proud ofGT Motoring has much to be proud ofGT Motoring has much to be proud ofGT Motoring has much to be proud ofGT Motoring has much to be proud ofGT Motoring has much to be proud ofGT Motoring has much to be proud ofGT Motoring has much to be proud of
Sign me up for an S or GTS model as long as they come out reliable. I really liked my last Cayenne S. In the end a few of the electronic gremlins made me tradeit in once the warranty was going to be up. GREAT car 95% of the time though.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:08 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Geez - it looks a lot smaller. Almost Q5 sized...

With any luck, that'll be good for me to pick up a current GTS on the cheap when the new one hits.

Old 02-23-2010, 04:14 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Geez - it looks a lot smaller. Almost Q5 sized...

With any luck, that'll be good for me to pick up a current GTS on the cheap when the new one hits.
We've been told it's about 1" longer then the current body style. We'll see.

I guess Adaptive Cruise is an option (from the picture)....neato.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:23 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
paragrikhav is an unknown quantity at this point
Porsche Cayenne 2011

All engines in the Porsche Cayenne 2011 will include Porsche’s new direct-injection technology, and some could even be matched to the automaker’s new dual-clutch gearbox. Expect to see 0-60 mph times of less than five seconds for top end models and top speeds in excess of 180 mph.