Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

Worth a listen to again, Steve Sutcliffe agrees what we have all said about pdk

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 09:32 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Worth a listen to again, Steve Sutcliffe agrees what we have all said about pdk

"These fliipy paddles are just horrbile"

ohh and love this when he comments on the wieght of the Panamera 4S..."it's like driving a range rover aorund the circut"

YouTube - Steve Sutcliffe drives the Porsche Panamera by autocar.co.uk

Old 09-03-2009, 09:34 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Schwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond reputeSchwabe has a reputation beyond repute
Is this going to be the biggest new car launch flop in modern history? Now that we hear that the model might be canned before it is launched in all its markets?

Old 09-03-2009, 10:01 AM
Teamspeed Pro
PMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond reputePMac has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Schwabe
Is this going to be the biggest new car launch flop in modern history? Now that we hear that the model might be canned before it is launched in all its markets?
I suppose the closest analogue would be the ugly girl who's really good in bed. If the high school equivalent of someone with $150k burning a hole in their pockets is the captain of the football team, does he go to the prom with the vacuous (but beautiful) cheerleader who doesn't put out, or our angry goth girl with kinky fetishes?

Old 09-03-2009, 10:23 AM
Teamspeed Pro
jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
lol!

Old 09-03-2009, 04:40 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
I'll say it for the 50th time, no one likes the buttons until you've driven for a week or so. Then it all makes sense and becomes REALLY easy and intuitive to use. MUCH better than a +/- paddle on the wheel. Paddles on the column would be fine, but I prefer the buttons in this circumstance....

Old 09-03-2009, 06:24 PM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
Ulthough I just ordered a 2010 Turbo Cab with the option of paddles on the PDK. Thankful Porsche offered paddles in 2010.

Old 09-03-2009, 06:30 PM
Ara
Teamspeed Pro
Ara has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond reputeAra has a reputation beyond repute
Chris, does your GTI have the paddles on the wheel? My M3's paddles are on the wheel, and I think it actually works better than the column mounted paddles.

Old 09-04-2009, 04:01 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Paddles on the wheel suck!! (Yes, my GTI is on the wheel)

Making a left turn from the stop light? Well hope you have rubberband joints to turn your hand over AND shift... How about this: You're coming fast into a tight right-hander (road or track) from 4th gear. As you wind in the lock, which f#&%ing paddle do I grab??!?!?!?

FWIW, I noticed as I was driving the 911 today that I generally use the stick instead of the buttons anyway. It's way more involving and kind of fun in a sequential gearbox kind of way.