Notices
Cayenne | Panamera | Macan The Porsche Cayenne, Panamera, & Macan Discussion Forum.

Mean Machine, stage 2...Matte Orange-Red Cayenne S on the works.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 02:41 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
I just did my E71 Orange black matte, I'll post pics now.
Where?

Old 02-09-2009, 02:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
PorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond reputePorscheFanatic has a reputation beyond repute
Gloss all black wheels and mirrors who's with me?!?!

Old 02-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
we have to wait a whole month?!!???!!!!!

Old 02-09-2009, 04:06 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to spoil the fun but I was just reflecting to my self and its obviously not worth it especially since I've done my phone and it just fell which made the film peal. Imagine If I had the Cayenne done up in orange, drive it 24/7, every single day in the heat with the debris it will peal and become dented.

Here it is 3,000 dollars, 7months warranty and too flamboyant. I will take it to another shop and paint the wheels again for 300 dollars.

Whats your verdict, I dont know why but I feel its a sin to spend that much on a 3 year old car. I just did it become I was tempted as my friend did the hood and the wing of his turbo in matte black.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:38 PM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe some of the Pshop gurus could hook you up with an impression? So you've got some visuals to help you decide.

Old 02-09-2009, 04:51 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by 4Wheels
Maybe some of the Pshop gurus could hook you up with an impression? So you've got some visuals to help you decide.
I saw a GT500 Shelby, daily driver with a similar foil the matte foil has lots of bubbles and with the road debris it shows many scratches which causes it to peal.

Old 02-09-2009, 08:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
I saw a GT500 Shelby, daily driver with a similar foil the matte foil has lots of bubbles and with the road debris it shows many scratches which causes it to peal.
I'd think that it would last a bit longer if you found a really reputable place to do it. Can you specify the thickness of the wrap? It ought to hold up a lot better to the abuse if it was a little thicker than normal, no?

Old 02-10-2009, 01:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute03-turbo911 has a reputation beyond repute
Don't do too much at first. Try it out on the Alu trim, for example, first and see if it lasts for a while.

Old 02-10-2009, 04:58 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
hugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond reputehugo has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to spoil the fun but I was just reflecting to my self and its obviously not worth it especially since I've done my phone and it just fell which made the film peal. Imagine If I had the Cayenne done up in orange, drive it 24/7, every single day in the heat with the debris it will peal and become dented.

Here it is 3,000 dollars, 7months warranty and too flamboyant. I will take it to another shop and paint the wheels again for 300 dollars.

Whats your verdict, I dont know why but I feel its a sin to spend that much on a 3 year old car. I just did it become I was tempted as my friend did the hood and the wing of his turbo in matte black.

just a suggestion like,maybe you ought to first DO and only then POST

Old 02-10-2009, 07:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
I say go ahead
even if it is short lived, it seem like its going to be a fun time...
if you do do it take a 4 hour drive to Bahrain and show us the result