Notices
Car Audio & Electronics Discuss Your Car's Electronics Here. Head Units, Amplifiers, Speakers, Wiring, Security, Radar, & More!

need advice: 996tt audio overhaul

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 03:32 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeDEEPBLUE has a reputation beyond repute
need advice: 996tt audio overhaul

I need some advice from the resident experts, I have an 01 turbo, I swapped the head unit, speakers and amps over the last few years but am very dissatisfied with the current audio quality.

Im good with the head unit, the amp is an alpine 4x75, but the speakers are the focal separates in the factory size and locations, I believe they are 5.5's with 1' tweets all around but sound nothing like the factory stuff they replaced, bottom line there is no bass whatsoever. I am not looking for a box with 12's with neon lit amplifiers and crossovers or anything elaborate, I just looking for some decent sound.

Ive been shopping online and came up with a couple ideas I have are swapping out the back speakers for small subs, maybe an 8" in each side, installing them in the inside and use the factory cf grills and leaving the front speakers.

The other idea is using the same subs in the back but swapping out to bigger speakers in the door and using the related separates on top of the dash.

More or less want a simple but good sounding system, the car is more for hauling ass but need some tunage for the drives.

Any ideas or advice? I figure others have been down this road and would have some experience. I greatly appreciate any help and insight offered.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Old 06-04-2011, 03:42 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
sorry, highly overrated

Old 06-04-2011, 03:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Christian
sorry, highly overrated
^ Do you have a Reus system in your car??

What exactly is your first hand experience with the company and the systems that qualifies you to make such a bold assessment?

Last edited by Barrister; 06-04-2011 at 04:02 PM.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Christian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond reputeChristian has a reputation beyond repute
^no i dont. however, i have heard there systems on 3 diffent occasions and was not impressed at all. different strokes for differnt folks, IMO, overrated

Old 06-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Teamspeed Pro
So - in other words - you are speaking out of your ass and your opinion should be totally disregarded.

I have had - and currently have - Reus systems in all of my cars. I have known Rick for 10 years.

I have "heard" those systems every day during that period.

In my opinion, they are the very best you can buy. Absolutely stunning. And there is not a single person who has ever heard my systems who have not complimented me on them.

I am always amazed at folks with no real first-hand knowledge passing judgment on things.

Last edited by Barrister; 06-04-2011 at 04:32 PM.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
whoa, didnt mean to offend, however, noted below

Originally Posted by Barrister
So - in other words - you are speaking out of your ass and your opinion should be totally disregarded.why should it be disregarded, because i do not have one, i have heard atleast 3 of them, auditioned it for my OWN vehicle

I have had - and currently have - Reus systems in all of my cars. I have known Rick for 10 years. thats nice to know, i appreciate loyallty, however, thats all it is and if YOU enjoy his system than that is all that matters

I have "heard" those systems every day during that period. everyone has a different ear and everyone has there own opinion on what sound great

In my opinion, they are the very best you can buy. Absolutely stunning. And there is not a single person who has ever heard my systems who have not complimented me on them. again, great, thats your OPINION and your pals OPINION, however, to claim they are the best is absurd, come on, there are many many many who can do better

I am always amazed at folks with no real first-hand knowledge passing judgment on things. how you figure, i have about 3 hrs worth of listening time, thats all I needed, again, I said my OPINION Dana, because I havent owned one and have an opinion makes me wrong, come on, I do not OWN one because I wouldnt have it in one of my vehicles, but again, different strokes for different folks

Last edited by Christian; 06-04-2011 at 04:38 PM.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:39 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fair enough.

Teamspeed Pro
Originally Posted by d33pblu3
I need some advice from the resident experts, I have an 01 turbo, I swapped the head unit, speakers and amps over the last few years but am very dissatisfied with the current audio quality.

Im good with the head unit, the amp is an alpine 4x75, but the speakers are the focal separates in the factory size and locations, I believe they are 5.5's with 1' tweets all around but sound nothing like the factory stuff they replaced, bottom line there is no bass whatsoever. I am not looking for a box with 12's with neon lit amplifiers and crossovers or anything elaborate, I just looking for some decent sound.

Ive been shopping online and came up with a couple ideas I have are swapping out the back speakers for small subs, maybe an 8" in each side, installing them in the inside and use the factory cf grills and leaving the front speakers.

The other idea is using the same subs in the back but swapping out to bigger speakers in the door and using the related separates on top of the dash.

More or less want a simple but good sounding system, the car is more for hauling ass but need some tunage for the drives.

Any ideas or advice? I figure others have been down this road and would have some experience. I greatly appreciate any help and insight offered.
call USD audio in cali, those guys are not to far from you and they are world class

Teamspeed Pro
"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute"The JC" has a reputation beyond repute
Reus Systems are ghey

*Note that I have never heard this system, nor do I really know anything about aftermarket car stereos

Quick Reply: need advice: 996tt audio overhaul