Notices
Car Audio & Electronics Discuss Your Car's Electronics Here. Head Units, Amplifiers, Speakers, Wiring, Security, Radar, & More!

Privacy Plate

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 11:29 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Privacy Plate

Has anyone ever tried one of these?

It's not to go through red lights, but rather to stop 55 mph left lang hogs calling in your plates or photographing you.

**EDIT...this seems to be advertising and if it's not then members can google to find similar products (which i will add in my experience failed miserably***

Last edited by Control It; 04-12-2011 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Admin Edut
Old 03-27-2011, 12:19 AM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
YouTube - Bullrun 2006: License Plate Test

whatever you do don't get the standard (non-electrical) covers, they don't work.

Old 03-30-2011, 03:31 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
JB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really niceJB 007 is just really nice
I want this frame..

Old 03-30-2011, 08:40 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by JB 007
I want this frame..
Its $200. You should get it. Let me know how it goes. Apparently they have improved it from the one in the photo. Has a black frame. What's good about this model is that it is less bulky than the others, and because it is white lcd it doesn't need illumination in the clear mode.

Worth trying. I am waiting for some independent feedback since I don't want to shell out for installation unless I know it is excellent (I can't do this myself).

Old 03-30-2011, 12:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
What you can NOT do is go to your local WalMart or auto parts store and get a Bell clear cover for plate and then to Best Buy and buy privacy film for your clear cover. Same concept, and more cheap.

Old 03-30-2011, 05:30 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by X2daC
What you can NOT do is go to your local WalMart or auto parts store and get a Bell clear cover for plate and then to Best Buy and buy privacy film for your clear cover. Same concept, and more cheap.
Not sure that approach fits my needs. We don't want to make the license plate unreadable, or impossible to photograph. I want people to be able to read it in most circumstances, and I want my plate to be compatible with traffic camera systems.

I want to be able to selectively and at demand, block out my license plate when I wish. If you follow street rallies like Bullrun, Gumball, etc. you can imagine a number of circumstances in which people might want to do this.

However I don't want my plate to be impaired from view because that just gets you pulled over and unnecessarily ticketed.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by StealthPilot
Not sure that approach fits my needs. We don't want to make the license plate unreadable, or impossible to photograph. I want people to be able to read it in most circumstances, and I want my plate to be compatible with traffic camera systems.

I want to be able to selectively and at demand, block out my license plate when I wish. If you follow street rallies like Bullrun, Gumball, etc. you can imagine a number of circumstances in which people might want to do this.

However I don't want my plate to be impaired from view because that just gets you pulled over and unnecessarily ticketed.
I understand that, and your plate won't be impaired from view, unless you're looking directly at it. With my way.

Old 03-30-2011, 06:28 PM
Banned
SoCal is an unknown quantity at this point
Subscribed. I need this for a motorcycle plate...

Old 03-31-2011, 10:38 AM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Hmmm. I'm going to order one of these.

Old 03-31-2011, 12:27 PM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SoCal
Subscribed. I need this for a motorcycle plate...
you put plates on your bike?

Quick Reply: Privacy Plate