Notices
Car Audio & Electronics Discuss Your Car's Electronics Here. Head Units, Amplifiers, Speakers, Wiring, Security, Radar, & More!

Cobra introduces world's first touchscreen radar detector

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 11:56 PM
Teamspeed Pro
yzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond reputeyzracer931 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bonehead
Cool idea, but Cobra??? Not my first choice in radar detection....
Thought the same thing.

Old 01-21-2010, 01:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
Fully concealed rear-view mounted V1 FTW.

Old 05-16-2010, 12:54 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
smiler51 is an unknown quantity at this point
Not liking the looks at all. Cobra should better be working on the sensitivity of their radar detectors instead of introducing touch-screen displays or other fancy things that don't help the detection of radar signals...

Old 12-09-2010, 05:28 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
my-575 is an unknown quantity at this point
That thing looks like the space ship from close encounters ..... I bought the new K40 RL100 portable about two month ago definately one of the nicer dashmounts available. I like what they did with it a big upgrade from there RD850.

Old 12-23-2010, 05:38 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
That device is for people who have no clue.

My setup is still the king: Passport 9500ci custom installed in bumpers, rear view mirror, and dash, plus a Laser Interceptor Quad. The best money can buy. And I am ticket free since I got it.

Old 12-24-2010, 03:50 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
F430Spider is on a distinguished roadF430Spider is on a distinguished roadF430Spider is on a distinguished roadF430Spider is on a distinguished roadF430Spider is on a distinguished roadF430Spider is on a distinguished road
Have you seen the new k40 360 rl? It's pretty cool - I just don't like he 9500 display so much

Old 12-24-2010, 03:50 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
F430Spider is on a distinguished roadF430Spider is on a distinguished roadF430Spider is on a distinguished roadF430Spider is on a distinguished roadF430Spider is on a distinguished roadF430Spider is on a distinguished road
That Cobra looks like the tool from Ghostbusters they would use o look for ghosts

Old 12-26-2010, 01:16 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!StealthPilot You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by F430Spider
Have you seen the new k40 360 rl? It's pretty cool - I just don't like he 9500 display so much
I believe products need to be tested and compared, and come out on top, to be considered worthy. But since K40 has a policy of suing anyone who posts a comparative review, there aren't any comparative reviews of K40.

So I won't buy a K40 - don't know what I'm getting.

BTW - not the best time to buy a radar detector right now. Valentine One's patent on the directional arrows expires in February. I think we should expect to see a Passport with V1 arrows very soon - that will be a killer product.

Old 12-26-2010, 01:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
GrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond reputeGrayTT has a reputation beyond repute
DJ, you owe me a click...

Old 12-26-2010, 03:57 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!O2Supply You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by StealthPilot
BTW - not the best time to buy a radar detector right now. Valentine One's patent on the directional arrows expires in February. I think we should expect to see a Passport with V1 arrows very soon - that will be a killer product.
Re-he-heally?

I am hoping for a 9500ci with a red/amber/orange display. The red spectrum does not stress the eye as much, so it is easier to go from seeing the road, to seeing the display, back to seeing the road while driving at night. And if it has the arrows then I wouldn't really think of the V1 anymore.

Just for descriptive measure, this is a commercial airliner...

Almost everything is red/orange. What they don't use to actively keep the plane in the air is orange/red.

The other use that I can think of for specific colored lights is the military will use red flashlights as they are harder to spot yet allow the user to illuminate an area.

Quick Reply: Cobra introduces world's first touchscreen radar detector