Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

Picked up a new Cayman

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 06:19 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by noroom4error
How do you like compared to your previous C2S?
It's obviously much slower, but that's not really a bad thing considering I could really only use 75% of my C2S around here. The Cayman sticks like glue - to get it loose on the road would require madness. Also, since it wasn't too pricey (I paid $47K), I will probably track it which is something I'd never do in my $100K C2S.

Originally Posted by mbolo
Congrats Chris,

a great car and very tastefully speced too. Does that mean you'll be getting rid of the RS4? I'd be interested to hear your comparison between the two. Especially experienced speed and handling... Drive safe and remember - it's no quattro
I got the Cayman so I wouldn't have to get rid of the RS4! I was going to trade in the RS4 on a new Turbo, but I love my RS4 too much. The RS4 is MUCH faster than the Cayman, but the Cayman's light weight (2900 lbs), RWD, and mid-engine platform make it handle unbelievably. I think I have a good combo - the RS4 is my daily/winter car and the Cayman is my weekend/track toy. It's like the grown-up version of when I had an Evo and S2000....

Old 07-08-2008, 10:18 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
Bianco is an unknown quantity at this point
awesome car enjoy, nothing like taking the wrapper off a fresh new one. remember there is no substitute!!!

Old 07-08-2008, 11:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
mbolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond reputembolo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
It's obviously much slower, but that's not really a bad thing considering I could really only use 75% of my C2S around here. The Cayman sticks like glue - to get it loose on the road would require madness. Also, since it wasn't too pricey (I paid $47K), I will probably track it which is something I'd never do in my $100K C2S.

I got the Cayman so I wouldn't have to get rid of the RS4! I was going to trade in the RS4 on a new Turbo, but I love my RS4 too much. The RS4 is MUCH faster than the Cayman, but the Cayman's light weight (2900 lbs), RWD, and mid-engine platform make it handle unbelievably. I think I have a good combo - the RS4 is my daily/winter car and the Cayman is my weekend/track toy. It's like the grown-up version of when I had an Evo and S2000....
Haha, love the analogy. I've heard some very good things about the cayman, even from 911-boys so assume it's something very special. Great combo you've got going there. enjoy them both in good health.

Old 07-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
I love the Cayman's look. I think that Porsche should go to that style for the 911s as well. Looks mean.

When I test drove a Cayman S a few years back and before I bought my 997TT, I just couldn't get over the lack of power. After driving my Brabus B55 rocket for a year the Cayman S felt like it was running through molassas. So I am not suprised that your RS4 is significantly faster than a standard Cayman. But the Cayman did handle like a dream - much better than my B55. And like I said, it is just so sweet cosmetically. At the price you paid, how could you pass it up.

Every time I see one I think I want one. Good buy and nice stable of cars!

Enjoy.

Last edited by Barrister; 07-08-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:40 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for all the kind words guys... I'm going to get it tinted tomorrow and waiting for clear sidemarkers from the dealer.

mbolo - You've got nearly the same setup I do. I think it's a good combo!