Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

:: ECS Tuning :: Wipe Away The Years From Your Porsche With CPP Headlight Restore Kit

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 02:06 PM
Former Sponsor
ECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond repute
:: ECS Tuning :: Wipe Away The Years From Your Porsche With CPP Headlight Restore Kit

Over the years, the plastic headlight lenses on any vehicle become cloudy because of UV damage, heat, and nicks. Replacing headlights can get extremely expensive, and often does not need to be done.

Because the damage on the lenses is so superficial, it's easy to do a restoration rather than replacement. Using a simple hand drill and this kit, you can eliminate most all of the cloudiness in your lens for better visibility at night.

Click Here for more information

Old 05-08-2013, 05:02 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Speed3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Have you done any long term testing on a restored lens?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, it's just that I have used a similar kit before and the headlight looked great for a month or two, but then it went back to being all "foggy" again.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using teamspeed

Old 05-09-2013, 08:10 AM
Teamspeed Pro
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
Wipe some wd40. U will be surprised hoe much clearer it becomes

Old 05-09-2013, 10:20 AM
Former Sponsor
ECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond reputeECS Tuning - Porsche has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Speed3
Have you done any long term testing on a restored lens?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, it's just that I have used a similar kit before and the headlight looked great for a month or two, but then it went back to being all "foggy" again.

It's advised that you put Lamin-x or some sort of protective film on the headlights after your finished. This will increase the longevity dramatically then it normally would. We did our headlights about a year ago and haven't had any fading issues so far.

Old 05-09-2013, 12:24 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Speed3 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by djantlive
Wipe some wd40. U will be surprised hoe much clearer it becomes
Hmm, I've heard of that, I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the suggestion.

Originally Posted by ECS Tuning - Porsche
It's advised that you put Lamin-x or some sort of protective film on the headlights after your finished. This will increase the longevity dramatically then it normally would. We did our headlights about a year ago and haven't had any fading issues so far.

Thanks for the reply. The kit I used came with some sort of clear coat to put on after the headlight was all polished up. I wasn't sure if your kit was like that.

Old 05-09-2013, 03:26 PM
Former Sponsor
Our kit we offer does come with a finalization step but no clear coat, it's recommended to put a protective layer on top of that just to avoid any future road damage. The protective film is usually between 15 - 20mm thick.

Old 05-14-2013, 12:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Buff those headlights out to factory original good looks with this kit from ECS Tuning.

Click Here
for more information