Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

981 allocation

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 05:56 AM
Teamspeed Member
Kelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura about
Living un Europe, I don't have to wait that long for my car, but it will still feel like a looooong wait... But, of course, I won't exactly suffer driving my 987 while waiting.
One of the very first choices in the configurator was to delete the model designation. I really think it looks too much with two lines of text on the rear lid. Just "Porsche" is enough!

Build in mid April, delivery to me early early May.

Old 02-04-2012, 07:28 PM
Teamspeed Member
RickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond reputeRickyZone has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to Teamspeed Kelderek! Where in Sweden are you from? Looks like a nicely optioned 981 you have there. What are the specs of your 987? My uncle is in the exact same boat as you are, he's right now in a 987 Boxster RS60 but is likely to order the new 981. However, he's planning on waiting for a may/june build as these will see the introduction of the optional Sports Exhaust System.

Old 02-05-2012, 05:55 AM
Teamspeed Member
Kelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura aboutKelderek has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by RickyZone
Welcome to Teamspeed Kelderek! Where in Sweden are you from? Looks like a nicely optioned 981 you have there. What are the specs of your 987? My uncle is in the exact same boat as you are, he's right now in a 987 Boxster RS60 but is likely to order the new 981. However, he's planning on waiting for a may/june build as these will see the introduction of the optional Sports Exhaust System.
Thank you for the welcome! I'm located in Gothenburg.

The spec on my current Atlas Grey 987 is actually very similar to the 981 on order. The 987 has a carbon interior package, but lacks the rain sensor and the Sport Design steering wheel of the 981 spec. And it has manual transmission, of course, PDK wasn't available in 2006...

I was very tempted to wait for the PSE as well, but I decided against it. I see at the German configurator that they are stating that it's available "at the earliest week 23". That "at the earliest" statement wasn't there before, so it leads me to believe that it might be pushed forward even more in time...

Old 02-05-2012, 07:50 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to TS!

The PSE should have been included imo
def worth the wait,...but if you don`t lease you can still put an aftermarket exhaust on it and call it a day

what about PTV?

like your spec!
Congrats!

Old 02-05-2012, 09:40 AM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by ECB
Welcome to TS!

The PSE should have been included imo
def worth the wait,...but if you don`t lease you can still put an aftermarket exhaust on it and call it a day

what about PTV?

like your spec!
Congrats!
PSE was on the "nice-to-have" list but definately not a requirement.
Judging from the sound file in the configurator, the sound appears to be more aggresive than the 987 even with the standard exhaust. That's my impression from the 991 as well, they worked on the standard exhaust sound there too. We'll see. As you said, there's always the option to add it later...

PTV would be nice too, but I had to set a limit somewhere, I'd like to have some money left for petrol...
For the sporty feel, I believe PASM adds more than PTV on normal roads. I have done track driving a few times on the Nürburgring, but not often enough to justify the added cost of PTV, in my opinion...

Last edited by Kelderek; 02-05-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:25 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Milanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond reputeMilanno has a reputation beyond repute
Great choice! How about wheels tinted in black?

Last edited by Milanno; 02-06-2012 at 11:27 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Teamspeed Member
Originally Posted by Milanno
Great choice! How about wheels tinted in black?
Not a bad idea at all, I was considering it. But decided it was not worth the added price. Porsche makes wheels with a great finish regardless of color choice... The new 20¨ Carrera S wheels look great as they are.

Old 02-07-2012, 03:37 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
LaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond reputeLaneS@macarbon.com has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Dave! I agree that the 981 has beautiful lines, should be the perfect summer car.