Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

Judgement Day at TPC (N.A)

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 10:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by golfguy11800
Kind of. The car seriously performs like it has 390+BHP...yet it doesn't have that. When I drove the gen II Cayman S and mashed the throttle at 5kRPM, I felt like I had mashed the throttle of a camry seriously. It amazed me at how "slow" it felt.

I think someone with a gen II CS needs to drive my car. All are welcome! I'm in MD.

Thanks for the compliments. And YESSSS 13K used.....
The turbo kit costs less than the seats..

Once you get used to a fast car, there's no turning back.

Old 08-25-2010, 10:01 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
golfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to all
Originally Posted by JCay
You are no longer entitled to an opinion.

LOL. In this case the statement is appropriate. HP really isn't everything in my case. I thought it had a boat load more, but it really doesn't.

In my mind I'm still going to be driving around in a 390 BHP Cayman GT ....IN MY MIND

Old 08-30-2010, 10:06 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
So i am a little confused here?

You did some NA mods and got 28 rwhp and are happy with it OR you wish you used the money for a Turbo kit?

Coming from someone who is looking to do the same (perhaps?) i would really like to know if you would do what you just did again or if youd pony up for the Turbo Kit?

Old 08-31-2010, 12:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by pearlcoupeg35

You did some NA mods and got 28 rwhp and are happy with it OR you wish you used the money for a Turbo kit?

Coming from someone who is looking to do the same (perhaps?) i would really like to know if you would do what you just did again or if youd pony up for the Turbo Kit?
Turbo Jon

Old 08-31-2010, 02:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by slavik
Turbo Jon
Slav, the only way i Turbo my Cayman is if i scoop up a 3rd car (997 Cab, 360 Spider, etc) --- otherwise i am most likely just going to trade for a 997 Turbo do a Switzer Stage 1 kit and call it a day

Old 08-31-2010, 02:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
slavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond reputeslavik has a reputation beyond repute
Slav, the only way i Turbo my Cayman is if i scoop up a 3rd car (997 Cab, 360 Spider, etc) --- otherwise i am most likely just going to trade for a 997 Turbo do a Switzer Stage 1 kit and call it a day
hmm...tough choice

Old 09-01-2010, 12:24 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
golfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to allgolfguy11800 is a name known to all

Keep in mind that I did these NA mods over the course of around 3 years. If I had to do it all over again, I woud've gone turbo route and ponied up another $3k from the getgo. I will say that the NA sounds better than the turbo. However throwing on some catless headers like Schwabe did will do the trick and make it sound awesome.

NA bolt ons were essentially a waste of money/ gut-wrenchingly bad bang for the buck value.

Still love the car, but like I said; knowing what I know now. Don't go the NA path, just stick to the turbo.

Cheers

Old 09-01-2010, 09:24 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Carrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond reputeCarrera has a reputation beyond repute
Keep in mind that I did these NA mods over the course of around 3 years. If I had to do it all over again, I woud've gone turbo route and ponied up another $3k from the getgo. I will say that the NA sounds better than the turbo. However throwing on some catless headers like Schwabe did will do the trick and make it sound awesome.

NA bolt ons were essentially a waste of money/ gut-wrenchingly bad bang for the buck value.

Still love the car, but like I said; knowing what I know now. Don't go the NA path, just stick to the turbo.

Cheers
You can sell the seats and then have more than enough for the turbo kit.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:30 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Great post and welcome to the TEAM!

Old 09-01-2010, 11:06 AM
Teamspeed Pro

Cheers
Thank you for the post. I would have to agree and hope to visit TPC in the future. Nice to see a PA/Cayman guy on here too. Welcome

Quick Reply: Judgement Day at TPC (N.A)