Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

Cayman S transformation coming

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 03:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
pearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond reputepearlcoupeg35 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
they are different clutches, we pair them with a custom LWFW that we have built to our spec.
Ah ok - thanks for clarifying.

Old 05-26-2010, 08:14 AM
PJC
Teamspeed Member
PJC is a name known to allPJC is a name known to allPJC is a name known to allPJC is a name known to allPJC is a name known to allPJC is a name known to allPJC is a name known to allPJC is a name known to allPJC is a name known to allPJC is a name known to allPJC is a name known to all
This is going to be a great build up to follow, the only thing better would be to follow the build of both cars. If you are putting a full AI interior in the 08 you should transplant the new black interior form the 08 to the 06 and let AI rework the blue interior into whatever your imagination can come up with.
If you hope to get the full potential out of the 06 for track use it needs the limited slip diff a light weight flywheel a set of Bilstein PSS9’s wouldn’t hurt either.
I look forward to seeing the progress

Old 05-26-2010, 01:32 PM
Teamspeed Member
erazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud of
We have Techart suspension is coming for the 06 and a FWFL and LSD are also going in

Old 05-26-2010, 01:39 PM
Neg Rep Zen Master
Marc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond reputeMarc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JCay
FWIW, slotted will last 2x longer under track conditions. When I replace my rotors, it's not because they are worn out, but because of the long cracks that form between the drilled holes, causing the rotors to become unstable.

slotted >> drilled.
For sure thats why race brakes like Stoptech are slotted

Really cool build .

Last edited by Marc; 05-26-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 01:53 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Oor Wullie is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by erazer72
So in the beginning we were going to use a modd'ed 06 Cayman-S with 30k miles. Joe decided to switch gears and pick up a left over 08' S with 20 miles in M.Grey. So all the Techart gear will be going into and onto this little guy. We will also be installing the Stage II TPC turbo kit, Big brake Brembo kit and the Quaife LSD. These are just the opening shots. Many more to come.
Ethan - how is the build going. I need my Cayman S fix.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:00 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
Oor Wullie is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by erazer72
We have Techart suspension is coming for the 06 and a FWFL and LSD are also going in
That car was a blast to drive the way it was, I cant wait to see how it will be after these mods.
I was fortunate enough to put it through its paces a couple of weeks ago at Monticello, that little car was an absolute blas to drive on the track. A hint of understeer but the new mods should fix that.

Old 05-27-2010, 04:27 PM
Teamspeed Member
erazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud oferazer72 has much to be proud of
moreeee goodies

here are most of the goodies

Attached Images         
Old 05-27-2010, 04:43 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
TPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond reputeTPCRacing has a reputation beyond repute
geez, why isnt that turbo kit on yet?!? you have had 1 week!

Looks good. I should come up when it is done with my video camera so we can video tape a drag race between it and the GT.

Old 05-27-2010, 05:01 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond reputejpcourt has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Casey@TPCRacing
geez, why isnt that turbo kit on yet?!? you have had 1 week!

Looks good. I should come up when it is done with my video camera so we can video tape a drag race between it and the GT.

I just asked the same thing CaseyLOL

Old 05-27-2010, 05:12 PM
Teamspeed Member
ummm Casey, I think we are still waiting on the headers???? Dont speak too soon my friend,LOL

Quick Reply: Cayman S transformation coming