Notices
Boxster | Cayman The Porsche Boxster & Cayman Discussion Forum.

Poorly Installed Clear Bra - Why Installer is So Important

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like an Atlas Gray Cayman from the pic... You guys in CA are lucky to have so many good shops, installers, etc. It's a wasteland here in VA. I found a good tint place, but no place I'd trust to clear bra my car.

Old 11-23-2009, 04:55 PM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
Note to self, don't get a clear bra done at a place with a name like "sticker city"

Old 11-24-2009, 12:46 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Premier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by brnsrgn
I need someone in my area who can do a good job.

I had someone my dealer recommended put a full front on, with precut. I was very unhappy with it, and had it done again. They gladly redid it, it is much better, but too be honest not what I expected for $1400.
Would you like to share some pictures of the issues? We may be able to help to see what the problem is.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:18 PM
Teamspeed's Official Brain Surgeon
brnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond reputebrnsrgn has a reputation beyond repute
tiny bubbles in a couple areas, small "scratches" and one area with a buckle/fold

first time they did it, the pieces were placed so that they partially crossed over gaps in panel work, had several folds and buckles, and many marks.

Do you have someone really good in the morgantown wv/ pittsburgh area??

Old 11-24-2009, 02:12 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Premier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond reputePremier Protective Films has a reputation beyond repute
Can you please pm me your zip?

Old 12-11-2009, 03:51 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Here we have a Cayman coming in here today with a lot of issues. Since we are on topic about quality vs. pricing, this would be an appropriate comparison. This particular customer came to us initially for a price quote and ended up going to a local competitor of ours. His issue was with our pricing compared to the other quotes he received. Believed that our pricing was too high by comparison. Warned before to not choose the cheapest guy, but rely on reputation instead. He decided that haggling with us would not go anywhere so he decided to go with the lowest bidder.

Needless to say, he is very unhappy with the work and decided to go with us for the redo. In this example, this particular customer spent $550 for the package from the other company, which took up 2 days of his time since the installer had to redo it again (mobile installer, which forced him to stay home for those two consecutive days). Then fighting to get his money back, which he did get after multiple phone calls. Now, the owner has to pay for the removal + the cost of us to redo it. Word to the wise - get it done right the first time

The following photographs says it all:

Last edited by Premier Protective Films; 12-11-2009 at 03:55 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
tractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond reputetractorcrusher has a reputation beyond repute
WOW.... how do people even make a business with such shit quality??

The gas cap area makes me want to throw up.

Old 12-12-2009, 03:32 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Originally Posted by tractorcrusher
WOW.... how do people even make a business with such shit quality??

The gas cap area makes me want to throw up.
We have seen worse. It is an example of what can happen when choosing pricing over quality. The general assumption is that installaiton quality is equal, which is incorrect.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:10 PM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome work!!

Old 12-13-2009, 11:58 AM
Teamspeed Member
adamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud ofadamr has much to be proud of

thats the tow hook cover ... not the gas cap cover (i think )

atrocious workmanship to say the least. Ive seen many cars locally with the clear bra, and am not impressed at the workmanship ive seen and the reason ive not done it to my car. Maybe there is a gap in the market here to consider looking into .... mmm ....

Quick Reply: Poorly Installed Clear Bra - Why Installer is So Important