Notices
Bentley | Rolls Royce | Land Rover Continental GT, GTC, Flying Spur, Arnage, Azure, Brooklands, Phantom & Land Rover Discussion Forum.

2013 Range Rover Officially Unveiled

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 11:17 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Drove it last night

It was amazing. I was blown away, buy the whole package.
I have owned the 99' RR HSE, the 07' RRSC and almost bought the 12' RRSC with extensive test drives. I have also owned many other luxury cars and suv's. Compared to the last model with the same engine, this one feels like a sport sedan instead of the best offroading suv in the market. We were doing 90 with no stereo and it was eerily quiet. The stereo does sound amazing, but not up to par with the burmester in my CTT. It feels faster then a stock CTT, and the 8 speed tranny shifts faster without that shift delay I always felt under WOT.

The ride quality was so smooth and luxurious, the steering felt very responsive, and the dynamic response with anti-lean control worked great. After driving that and getting in my E class, I thought there was something wrong with my E class for how bumpy and rough the road felt. The RR ruined my perception of a smooth riding car.
Its a MB for godsakes and the RR made it feel like it was a pick up truck.
Have to wait till mid Feb for mine to arrive.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:27 AM
d3a
Teamspeed Senior Member
d3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enough
thanks for your useful impressions!
about stereo vs ctt burmester, the rr was equipped with Meridian audio 3d 29 speakers 1700watt?

Old 11-03-2012, 10:40 AM
Teamspeed Member
LUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud ofLUPINN has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by zzzspeed
It was amazing. I was blown away, buy the whole package.
I have owned the 99' RR HSE, the 07' RRSC and almost bought the 12' RRSC with extensive test drives. I have also owned many other luxury cars and suv's. Compared to the last model with the same engine, this one feels like a sport sedan instead of the best offroading suv in the market. We were doing 90 with no stereo and it was eerily quiet. The stereo does sound amazing, but not up to par with the burmester in my CTT. It feels faster then a stock CTT, and the 8 speed tranny shifts faster without that shift delay I always felt under WOT.

The ride quality was so smooth and luxurious, the steering felt very responsive, and the dynamic response with anti-lean control worked great. After driving that and getting in my E class, I thought there was something wrong with my E class for how bumpy and rough the road felt. The RR ruined my perception of a smooth riding car.
Its a MB for godsakes and the RR made it feel like it was a pick up truck.
Have to wait till mid Feb for mine to arrive.
Wow!

I didn't think that it could be faster than a stock CTT!

So, for you, it's more comfortable the RRSC than the CTT?

Old 11-03-2012, 11:29 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
zzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond reputezzzspeed has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by d3a
thanks for your useful impressions!
about stereo vs ctt burmester, the rr was equipped with Meridian audio 3d 29 speakers 1700watt?
The car I drove was an SC not Autobio, and the only way you can get the 1700watt option is for the Autobio. So it was the 19 speaker 825 watt, which sounds much better then the HK they had for last years model. The 1700 watt probably would of sounded better then the Burmester and I would of ordered it if it were available on the SC.

Originally Posted by LUPINN
Wow!

I didn't think that it could be faster than a stock CTT!

So, for you, it's more comfortable the RRSC than the CTT?
It was the most shocking test drive I have taken. Did not expect to feel and experience what I did. The stock CTT has too much turbo lag and at passing highway speeds it did not pull that well. With my mods it was insane and would destroy most 911's or other sports cars. I almost did not want to buy the CTT because the test drive was so unimpressive. My friend was with me for the test drive and was wondering if I was even flooring it since it felt so slow. The RRSC did not have any noticeable lag and exploded forwarded at any speed when you gave it the beans.

The ride in the CTT was not that smooth even in comfort suspension mode. It did not compare in comfort to a luxury sedan.
It also had a lot of wind noise.
The RRSC felt like it was more comfortable, smoother and the most quiet compared to any luxury sedan I have driven (Sclass, 7 series, Bently).

Last edited by zzzspeed; 11-03-2012 at 11:33 AM.
Old 11-04-2012, 04:13 AM
d3a
Teamspeed Senior Member
d3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enoughd3a will become famous soon enough
thanks. I knew Meridian is available only on Autobiography but I wasn't sure what you tested.

About RR riding,I read on Evo mag that on testing-phase the benchmark were bentley conti flying spur, S class and Rolls Ghost and range rover outperformed the competitors.
So happy to have a confirmation also from you

Old 11-12-2012, 05:49 AM
HMD
Teamspeed Rookie
HMD is an unknown quantity at this point
If am not mistaken these are the first range rovers to be delivered to their original costumers i.e not a demo car or press car .. In the pic His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum vice President of the United Arab Emirates and ruler of dubai .. there are couple other range rovers in abudhabi delivered to the royal family as well .. All of them are 5.0 Supercharged Vogue SE ..

The car looks absolutely stunning in person specially the interior

Attached Images   
Old 12-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
boy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond reputeboy_wonder has a reputation beyond repute
http://vimeo.com/54802905

Last edited by boy_wonder; 12-03-2012 at 03:53 PM.