Notices
Bentley | Rolls Royce | Land Rover Continental GT, GTC, Flying Spur, Arnage, Azure, Brooklands, Phantom & Land Rover Discussion Forum.

Phantom and Ghost, some pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Phantom and Ghost, some pics

Had a family lunch and we decided to take the Phantom along with the loaner Ghost.

I must admit, the Ghost's ride impressed me. It's basically on par comfort wise with the Phantom. I think where the Phantom had the final edge due to the size of the seats. It's obviously slightly less roomy as the roof height is lower.

To drive, although it was smaller - did not prove to be much easier. Still required a huge turning circle as with the Phantom. It's only more practical as it's a bit shorter than the Phantom in length.

Power delivery, I preferred the NA motor of the Phantom. It's more instantaneous and smooth. The Ghost does have delay due to the turbochargers, but once it gets going - it's quite impressive. Both these cars have boat-like handling, it hasn't really improved at all with the Ghost.

BMW did an overall nice job with the Ghost. Great super luxury saloon to have, but it would only make sense to have if you don't have the Phantom. The Phantom feels more bespoke in every aspect. The Ghost feels like a 7 series on steroids.

Here are some pics.

The keys, guess which is the Phantom

A few admirers.

Old 09-11-2011, 02:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
HarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyMushman has a reputation beyond repute
That's a pretty spooky duet! I'm impressed that u felt the ride comforts were about equal.

Old 09-11-2011, 03:01 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
side by side...would have to choose the phantom...the presence of that front fascia is insane lol

Old 09-11-2011, 03:11 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Cool review. I've got a friend with a Phantom, and got to see a Ghost up close yesterday. Your review of the finish is spot on. Haven't been in the Ghost for a drive, so I'll accept what you say as the gospel. Both great cars. But if I had the cash, it'd be the Phantom for me. Plus, to me it (the Phantom) just looks a bit more like a Rolls. Especially when you see them together.

Last edited by Superfly; 09-11-2011 at 03:12 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:22 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Glad you guys enjoyed it!

I am confused at which the Ghost is positioned. It's supposed to be more of a "driver's" car than the Phantom, but the handling feels the same. It's supposed to be more usable on a daily basis. Yet the only improvement in practicality is that it fits in a normal parking bay without half the rear end still sticking out.

As all of you have stated, the Phantom has much more of a presence too!

Old 09-11-2011, 03:26 PM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
Cool little review Mike! I bet it sucks having to choose to between the two.

Old 09-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond repute
While i really like the Ghost, i agree the phantom is the better choice of car between the two.

Old 09-11-2011, 04:34 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
There is another key for the Ghost, this is the valet key. The other key is larger, I'll post a pic of it tomorrow.

Edit:

Prefer the Phantom as I told you via PM, it is more of a "sense of occasion car" the Ghost doesn't even feel half as special. Driving the Phantom is an occasion alone, it is such the epitome of luxury.

Last edited by MeanMachine; 09-11-2011 at 04:44 PM.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Turboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond reputeTurboholic has a reputation beyond repute
I prefer the Ghost! The Phantom is too big and a bit too oldschool imo. Wonder how soft these cars really are, never driven one.

Old 09-11-2011, 10:37 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
The Ghost would be a great beater for you Mike.

Quick Reply: Phantom and Ghost, some pics