Notices
Bentley | Rolls Royce | Land Rover Continental GT, GTC, Flying Spur, Arnage, Azure, Brooklands, Phantom & Land Rover Discussion Forum.

Phantom and Ghost, some pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 10:47 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
How many km's has your dad put on the Phantom?

Old 09-11-2011, 10:53 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Yawn. Show GT2 rs pics to save this thread

Old 09-12-2011, 12:42 AM
Teamspeed Pro
670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute
great stuff mike, will you be buying the ghost?

Old 09-12-2011, 01:02 AM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Phantom all day long. I still think the wheels you have on yours are the best aftermarket wheels for that vehicle.

Old 09-12-2011, 02:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
sounds like you had fun, thanks for sharing

Old 09-12-2011, 02:19 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Superfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond reputeSuperfly has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Redlinerobert
Phantom all day long. I still think the wheels you have on yours are the best aftermarket wheels for that vehicle.
Mike, do your wheels have those same crazy cool weighted centers on spinners so that the RR logo is always properly aligned to read the "RR"?

Old 09-12-2011, 03:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
Okay, this is going to be one LONG post

Originally Posted by mafishman1
Cool little review Mike! I bet it sucks having to choose to between the two.
Thanks mafishman

Originally Posted by Mythic
While i really like the Ghost, i agree the phantom is the better choice of car between the two.
Thank you Mythic, I agree. Would rather have a Flying Spur as it's more sporty. The Ghost and Phantom drive very similar.

Originally Posted by MeanMachine
There is another key for the Ghost, this is the valet key. The other key is larger, I'll post a pic of it tomorrow.

Edit:

Prefer the Phantom as I told you via PM, it is more of a "sense of occasion car" the Ghost doesn't even feel half as special. Driving the Phantom is an occasion alone, it is such the epitome of luxury.
Thanks for clearing that up Mo! I wondered why they gave the Ghost such a cheap looking key. Dealer never even pointed that out to me. Glad you feel the same way, especially since you basically own both

Originally Posted by Turboholic
I prefer the Ghost! The Phantom is too big and a bit too oldschool imo. Wonder how soft these cars really are, never driven one.
Like I said, both are great cars. I just wouldn't have both, it would be either or. It literally feels like a boat on wheels. It's extremely quiet, and glides over bumps. Come to a turn and you feel like you're going to roll

Originally Posted by Alzilla
The Ghost would be a great beater for you Mike.
Thanks Alex, I prefer something more ordinary. Drawing attention 24/7 is something that would not be comfortable for me A Cayenne is the perfect car for that!

Originally Posted by vtgts300kw
How many km's has your dad put on the Phantom?
Probably around 1000 miles out of the 4000? Took it cross country a year back. He loves it!

Originally Posted by JonA85
Yawn. Show GT2 rs pics to save this thread
I don't have anything new to add I'm sure you've seen all the existing pics already.

Originally Posted by 670-SV
great stuff mike, will you be buying the ghost?
Thanks 670, I doubt it. They are too similar to justify. If the Ghost was faster and handled a bit better, then I would say possibly.

Originally Posted by Redlinerobert
Thanks Robert, appreciate it

Originally Posted by tips
sounds like you had fun, thanks for sharing
You're welcome tips! It was an enjoyable weekend

Originally Posted by Superfly
Mike, do your wheels have those same crazy cool weighted centers on spinners so that the RR logo is always properly aligned to read the "RR"?
Yes, that's why I went with this wheel. Or I would stay OEM. It uses the OEM center caps which I think is an important feature of the car.

Some more pics.

Old 09-12-2011, 04:32 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Outrageous - such a pimp.

Do you walk around with a pimp cane when you drive it?

Actually, found a pic of Mike!

Old 09-12-2011, 06:00 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Mike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond reputeMike S has a reputation beyond repute
You're killing me Josh

At least my coat matches with the exterior paint and the brown in the leopard spots can match the interior

Old 09-12-2011, 06:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Haha!

Was considering flying out to SA for xmas - any recs?

Quick Reply: Phantom and Ghost, some pics