Notices
Bentley | Rolls Royce | Land Rover Continental GT, GTC, Flying Spur, Arnage, Azure, Brooklands, Phantom & Land Rover Discussion Forum.

RR Phantom Coupe, Exterior and Interior

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 08:03 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Brobbins016
Beautiful interior. i love it. Surprised how many 7 series controls they use though. None the less, beautiful.
I like the humming sound when you turn on the car and the key, other wise whats left is just the i-drive system.

If you compare it to Bentley Flying Spur:

Chassis is from VW Phaeton/Audi A8
The Steering Wheel - VW Touareg
F1 Paddles similar to Touareg
Key similar to VW.

I guess at the end of the day if you sit in both, its fair to say the RR still feels majestic whilst being owned by BMW whilst the Bentley FS feels closer to a German saloon than a british car.

I drove the RR Ghost several times, its a BMW 760 with Rolls Royce body and it hides the BMW feel much better than the Bentley Continental with the Audi/VW parts.

Last edited by MeanMachine; 03-12-2011 at 08:12 PM.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:11 PM
AMGFanatic
MeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond reputeMeanMachine has a reputation beyond repute
There are some many gizmo's in this car, if you flick the high beams in the screen the front camera shows the left and right sides of the front of the car(for parking).

If you keep the hood ornament upright all the time and you try to catch it, it hides and goes under the bonnet for protection.

Each door has its own umbrella, hidden next to the door hinges.

Old 03-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Teamspeed Pro
djantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond reputedjantlive has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
I like the humming sound when you turn on the car and the key, other wise whats left is just the i-drive system.
Congrats on the new ride. Interestingly, I hate that BMW chime.

These ultra luxury cars are all variants of german cars these days. It's good from electronic, reliability and performance perspective. But do you feel they all lose some part of the old school charm and opulence? Just curious since I almost bought a Bentley last year. Thanks for sharing your car!

Old 03-12-2011, 09:34 PM
AMGFanatic
The charm and opulence is still there, it hasn't lost its magic with the RR. Every drive you take in this car you feel it is an occasion and a majestic drive.

In regards to reliability I think its much improved compared to the dreadful older RR's where it broke down easily, we've got older one's stored but no longer drive them such as RR Silver Spur and Silver Shadow.

Old 03-12-2011, 09:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute670-SV has a reputation beyond repute
In regards to reliability I think its much improved compared to the dreadful older RR's where it broke down easily, we've got older one's stored but no longer drive them such as RR Silver Spur and Silver Shadow.[/QUOTE]

Any pictures of those 2 older rolls?

Old 03-12-2011, 09:58 PM
AMGFanatic
Originally Posted by 670-SV
In regards to reliability I think its much improved compared to the dreadful older RR's where it broke down easily, we've got older one's stored but no longer drive them such as RR Silver Spur and Silver Shadow.

Any pictures of those 2 older rolls? [/QUOTE]

Will try to get you pictures, its not in the same house as its in our chalet which is more than an hours drive away.

Old 03-12-2011, 10:47 PM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute
What a car! I saw the attention this car gets when being driven, its insane!

Old 03-13-2011, 01:18 PM
Teamspeed Member
technics has a spectacular aura abouttechnics has a spectacular aura abouttechnics has a spectacular aura abouttechnics has a spectacular aura abouttechnics has a spectacular aura abouttechnics has a spectacular aura abouttechnics has a spectacular aura abouttechnics has a spectacular aura abouttechnics has a spectacular aura abouttechnics has a spectacular aura abouttechnics has a spectacular aura about
lovely car man! hope you enjoy it in the best of health!

Old 03-13-2011, 02:37 PM
AMGFanatic
Originally Posted by technics
lovely car man! hope you enjoy it in the best of health!
Thank you very much, very kind of you and I am glad you like my video.

Old 03-13-2011, 02:40 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond repute
Really nice video, i didnt know about all these interior features. Enjoy it in best of health!

Quick Reply: RR Phantom Coupe, Exterior and Interior