Notices
Bentley | Rolls Royce | Land Rover Continental GT, GTC, Flying Spur, Arnage, Azure, Brooklands, Phantom & Land Rover Discussion Forum.

Bentley supercar is coming?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 03:37 PM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Bentley supercar is coming?

I have just heard that Bentley is planning a proper supercar in not so far future. True mid-engine supercar with W16 engine from Veyron or most likely absolutely reworked 6.75 litre V8, 7-speed dual clutch transmission. The chassis and body will be the mix of aluminium and CF for a very lightweight construction, there is a possibility that this car can share a chassis with next generation Lamborghini, Murcie successor. Design will feature many clues from Bentley LeMans race cars and 1999 Bentley Hunaudieres concept. Interior will be completely bespoke.

I have not ever heard of this car being planned, I have not any rumors in sources we hunt for rumors, but I have heard these rumors at one car forum.

What do you think of it? Could it be true or it sounds actually too good to be true and is another expression of wishfull thinking?

Old 10-15-2009, 04:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
I am thinking to good to be true but I would love to see it...

Old 10-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Banned
cstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nicecstroked is just really nice
I would love to see a road going Speed 8

Old 10-15-2009, 04:50 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Seems very out of character for Bentley, but frankly I'd be pretty excited if they did build one.

Old 10-15-2009, 04:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
DchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of lightDchaMD is a glorious beacon of light
Isn't the veyron just a production hunaudieres?

I hope they don't base it on that concept.

Old 10-15-2009, 05:03 PM
sal
Teamspeed Senior Member
sal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant futuresal has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by DchaMD
Isn't the veyron just a production hunaudieres?

I hope they don't base it on that concept.
I had never heard of the Hunaudieres, but after checking out a couple pictures there are many similarities between it and the Veyron.

Interior:

vs.

And even the back with the open W16 engines in both

Very interesting....

Last edited by sal; 10-15-2009 at 05:05 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 05:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond reputeTTM0TION has a reputation beyond repute
Very similar. I think I like the front on the Bentley better.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:08 PM
Teamspeed Member
rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!rico You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Would be very cool. Hope they do it!

Old 01-09-2010, 03:46 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
I have heard recently that Bentley supercar is now is the early planning. Model will take style clues from Hunaudieres and Le Mans racers, interior will be luxurious and sporty. Chassis will likely be shared with other VAG supercars, Jota for example. Bentley supercar also is rumored to be the most luxurious supercar from VW über-makes. Engine is rumored to be reworked 6.3 litre W12 with direct injection and flex-fuel from Continental GT MkII producting about 650-670 hp or classic 6.75 V8 from Mulsanne significantly reworked and producing about 660-670 hp, mated to the dual-clutch transmission or super-fast 8-speed automatics transmission. If this supercar will go into production it will get both coupe and convertible version according to the rumors.

I do not know if all this will be true and we will really see this car in the years to come, but Bentley has its own racing history and why not to expand model range, it will be really great if this project will get the green light and we will see Bentley supercar.

According to some of the latest rumor it is very likely to see a Bentley supercar concept unveiled this year at one of the major auto shows or concorsos to measure an interest and to show style clues of an actual car. One of the rumored concept launch places is Geneva auto show and it is just around the corner.

Old 01-09-2010, 03:48 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
KimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to beholdKimoTh3rapy is a splendid one to behold
if all these rumors are true...it's going to be one hell of Bentley. Let's hope they are

Quick Reply: Bentley supercar is coming?