Notices
Bentley | Rolls Royce | Land Rover Continental GT, GTC, Flying Spur, Arnage, Azure, Brooklands, Phantom & Land Rover Discussion Forum.

Aston db9 - Bentley cgt. real advice needed please

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 10:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
I would sell my kneecaps and jox's heart to get my hands on a DB9 so I'm slightly biased.

The Conti does not excite me at all plus half of London drives one, however it's probably the more reliable car of the two. So if that's truly the only deciding factor for you the choice is obvious...

Personally I'd always pick the DB9.

Old 01-29-2009, 10:17 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ced
Get the Bentley
Originally Posted by Craigger
+1

although no first hand experience, everything I have heard, read or seen has pointed towards the CGT being fairly reliable.
+2
Get the Bentley. I am enjoying my CGT not only as weekend cruiser, but as daily driver also, when driving conditions are fine. Had Aston DB9 for test drive and dont like it at all.

Originally Posted by jox
The CGT is a Pheaton with a Bentley badge for an extra 120K EUR.

DB9 is one of the most beautiful playboy cars ever made. And it comes with a Volvo key.
Let me disagree with you on this. CGT is among best convertibles in the world and even EVO magazine ranked it as one of the best convertibles. Those guys know what they are talking about.

BTW, DB9 comes not only with Volvo keys, but with Volvo mirrors also
This must be very good satisfaction for exotic car owner

Old 01-29-2009, 10:21 AM
ATL
Teamspeed Pro
ATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond reputeATL has a reputation beyond repute
In addition to a genuine Volvo key, you also get real Volvo mirrors as well on the DB9.

Since the OP asked which would be more reliable, based on what I've read I would say Bentley CGT. The DB9 wins in the looks and fun dept every day of the week though.

Old 01-29-2009, 03:48 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!IMPORTIMAGE You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
i'd rather drive the bentley...low end torque (instant power) all wheel drive...much better daily car especially in bad weather.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:41 PM
The black sheep of the family.
vtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond reputevtgts300kw has a reputation beyond repute
DB9.

If your only there for the weekends. I couldnt think of a better weekend car. Perhaps a convertible, especially for the English summers.

Old 01-29-2009, 08:49 PM
Teamspeed Pro
.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute.:Raul has a reputation beyond repute
I would wager the CGT to be more reliable, but I would buy the DB9

Old 01-29-2009, 09:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
VW wins for reliability I guess.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:25 PM
Ced
Official CED
Ced has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond reputeCed has a reputation beyond repute

Don't sleep on the GT, its a 200mph car stock, few modifications (chip, exhaust, flash) and you'll be doing 0-60s in low 4 secs with and yielding more than 630+ hp. In my opinion, It has more presence on the streets than the Aston. Even the baby Aston, has more presence than the DB9.

Friends dad, owns a DB9 coupe in dark gray, and it looked like just another car in the driveway. But its a beautiful car, i wouldnt turn one down. If the OP really wants one, i suggest, Manual and a loud or sporty color like red, blue or whatever.

Old 01-30-2009, 09:15 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
h-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond reputeh-bo has a reputation beyond repute
thank you so much for the advice. I probably prefer the db9 because of its looks, but I will hate it if I can't drive it. As it will be the only car available for me here in London, reliability is key unfortunately.
at 45-55 euros, both cars seem like incredible value to me.
new price its true gt=phaeton +120euros...., but at these levels its more like phaeton +20, which is worht it I think.

thanks again for the help. will let you know if I pull the trigger.

Old 01-30-2009, 10:53 AM
Teamspeed Pro
4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute4Wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by h-bo
thank you so much for the advice. I probably prefer the db9 because of its looks, but I will hate it if I can't drive it. As it will be the only car available for me here in London, reliability is key unfortunately.
at 45-55 euros, both cars seem like incredible value to me.
new price its true gt=phaeton +120euros...., but at these levels its more like phaeton +20, which is worht it I think.

thanks again for the help. will let you know if I pull the trigger.
You can get a DB9 for 50.000 bleedin' Euros??!

Quick Reply: Aston db9 - Bentley cgt. real advice needed please