Notices
Aviation The Teamspeed Aviation Forum.

Finally flew my new aircraft...

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 09:15 PM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
bad ass! that is awesome! thanks for sharing. post more stories as they come!

Old 05-16-2012, 09:24 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
diskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ced
Always wanted to do this but...
What are the chances of landing on a power line?
Originally Posted by Pure Evo
Probably about the same as driving into utility pole
^What he said.

Before you jump you need to know what the winds are like. Based on that, you decide where you should get out of the plane. Then, with a wingsuit, you plan your flight accordingly.

If the winds are too high, don't jump. Flying into power lines is 99.9999% your fault for not being responsible.

Originally Posted by mafishman1
WHAT!? That is so awesome! I am beyond jealous right now. This is in my top 3 things I want to do. Very happy for you man! Although, your little post about what it takes to do this sort of crushed my dream of doing it, haha. But still....awesome you achieved it! Rep for you!
I've been skydiving for over 2 years, so it took a long time to get here. It has been a lot of fun, though, and I recommend it to anyone.

Originally Posted by quickZohsix
bad ass! that is awesome! thanks for sharing. post more stories as they come!
Will do.

I'll be getting a GoPro next month, so I'll post any good videos I have.

In the mean time, here's some awesome shots my wife got of my 200th jump from a helicopter:

Celebrating our 1 year anniversary earlier that day

Last edited by diskreet; 05-16-2012 at 09:26 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:36 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by diskreet
...but it takes a huge commitment to get there.
As it well should. This is about as serious as it gets. And I consider that living life to the fullest!

Many have said it above, but I'm also way jealous. I'm trying to work up the balls to skydive. My 65 year old dentist wanted me to go with her last year up in PA, but it fell through... That's not a joke, BTW. She's really 65 and wanted to go.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:42 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
diskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond reputediskreet has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Pure Evo
As it well should. This is about as serious as it gets. And I consider that living life to the fullest!

Many have said it above, but I'm also way jealous. I'm trying to work up the balls to skydive. My 65 year old dentist wanted me to go with her last year up in PA, but it fell through... That's not a joke, BTW. She's really 65 and wanted to go.
I highly recommend going at least once if you're even slightly interested. If nothing else you can say you did it. Most people love the experience, though.

If you go in PA and you're by the Poconos, I recommend going to Above the Poconos Skydiving:
Pennsylvania Skydiving Center in Northeast PA, skydiving for Pennsylvania PA, New Jersey NJ, New York City, NY

They are awesome there. I plan on going there the first weekend in June.

Old 05-16-2012, 09:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Pure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond reputePure Evo has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks. I'm going to look into that a little further.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:21 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Boardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond reputeBoardman has a reputation beyond repute
That is so f-in cool. I've been skydiving once (tandem, I didn't have to do anything) but what a rush. I can't imagine gliding like that.

Curious, can you pull off barrel rolls or anything like that....or do those wings have limits?

Old 05-17-2012, 06:49 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Originally Posted by Boardman
That is so f-in cool. I've been skydiving once (tandem, I didn't have to do anything) but what a rush. I can't imagine gliding like that.

Curious, can you pull off barrel rolls or anything like that....or do those wings have limits?
Just like on your belly without a wingsuit,you can do barrel rolls, turns, and flips. The wingsuit changes your direction and speed so its different,but you can still do those things.

In a wingsuit you can also speed up and slow down your decent and forward speed by changing your body position. You can even stall it if you want.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:46 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Green has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond repute
Stalls would be phenomenal!
How do you land? I didn't see the landing part on the vid. A chute in the back of the suit?

Old 05-17-2012, 08:35 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
You use the same parachute system as you would a normal skydive. My rig is the black and red backpack. It has two parachutes: my main and a reserve if the main goes malfunctions.

The reason its so dangerous is that its a normal skydive, plus you're wearing what is almost a straight jacket, and you have huge forward speeds to deal with.

The plane comes down about the same speed so you need to avoid a collision, you can go miles off course, and any parachute problems take several seconds longer to address because you're so restricted.

Takes a lot of experience to handle all of that. That's why we enforce a 200 jump minimum and most wingsuit manufacturers recommend 300-500 as a minimum.

Old 05-17-2012, 08:39 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ogaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond reputeOgaleicrum has a reputation beyond repute
I'm so jealous right now, I have always wanted to do that.

Quick Reply: Finally flew my new aircraft...