Notices
Aviation The Teamspeed Aviation Forum.

Any Helicopter Pilots Here??

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't know the BoatPix guys were doing Helo training. I have to imagine that with those big floats on there it could be quite a challenge to learn to hover in winds over 5kts

I've taken a few lessons, and it's definitely something I want to complete. First will come my IFR and Commercial certificates though.

When I do pursue it, I would love to get me an MD500 F. I love that little chopper.

Name:  60664_1118122992.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  286.1 KB

Name:  f_model_440-1.jpg
Views: 259
Size:  301.8 KB

Old 01-06-2012, 11:16 PM
Teamspeed Member
JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Spent most of my time in Sikorsky's but the Gazelle was the 'sports car' of helicopters and one of my favorites!

Attached Images    
Old 01-07-2012, 05:34 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
nice!
that Sikorsky is one badass machine!
I didn`t realize who big most of them really are until I saw one of them taxiing by

to me a Heli flying is a very expensive hobby,doing it for a living requires the help of the army or a lot of Vitamin B
at least over here

Old 01-07-2012, 05:48 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Dutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond reputeDutchnick has a reputation beyond repute
Love this video of an A109. Good luck getting your PPL-H. I'm still planning on doing mine but, well... I had to set my priorities and this wasn't at the top of my list. Hopefully I'll start this year.

My Agusta A109 Mk II+ filmed with the Cineflex cam from a Twinstar over the beaches of LA - YouTube

Old 01-07-2012, 10:48 PM
Teamspeed Member
JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!JAMS You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Here's what can happen when you don't have proper training!

helicopter crash new student with no instructor - YouTube

Old 01-07-2012, 10:49 PM
Teamspeed Member
... or any common sense:

Helicopter collision - YouTube

Old 01-10-2012, 08:56 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!fone phreak You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Originally Posted by JAMS
Here's what can happen when you don't have proper training!

helicopter crash new student with no instructor - YouTube
Omg!!! How is that scenario even possible?? Terrifying

Old 01-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by fone phreak
Omg!!! How is that scenario even possible?? Terrifying
Zero experience + panic.