Notices
Aviation The Teamspeed Aviation Forum.

NBAA 2010 pics

Old 10-20-2010, 12:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond repute
NBAA 2010 pics

Here are some of the pics I took as we walked around.

I left at 5am in order to hit the show in one day and make it back to be with my family late last night (I like sleeping in my own bed vs a hotel), and as such completely forgot my camera sitting on the counter.

Thoughts:

Great opportunity to sample lots of different airplanes. I think we've narrowed it down to a Challenger 300 or a G200 as our next plane (not for awhile though!). Our pilots want the Challenger and it was my personal favorite as well.

The Falcon 2000 was probably our favorite "large" plane compared to pretty much anything else we saw. DOC's were really low compared to some of the other large cabin planes and it honestly had a really nice layout to it. It stickered at $28 million.

Light jets--the Honda was awesome. They had a mock-up cabin that our local salesman took us through. Sweet drop down LCD touch-screens, ample leg room, fantastic seats, and of course the avionics were awesome. Also saw the D-Jet mockup but that was much much smaller than the Honda, more for the owner of a Cirrus looking to upgrade. Our primary reason for attending NBAA was to scope out some of these smaller planes to possibly add to our fleet for some of the shorter flights we take. I think the CJ1 was our consensus favorite of the small planes currently available for sale.

After spending four hours at the static display we headed over to the convention center. Saw a whole bunch of really cool vendors and ended up placing an order for a satellite/internet connection for our plane.

Anyways, on to the pictures:

This was probably my favorite plane strictly based on looks. It was honestly HUGE!

Old 10-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
bradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond reputebradb1us has a reputation beyond repute
I guess they've lengthened the Citation X, hence the mock-up cabin picture. There was also a X with winglets which really added to the look of the plane.

Old 10-20-2010, 01:13 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Zorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond reputeZorro has a reputation beyond repute
I love how they put a KTM SM-R in that cargo area ...

*load up bike in private jet, head to italian alps for the weekend*

Old 10-22-2010, 11:48 AM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
I love the WACO, the Phenom 300, the Citation TEN, and I love that pic of the Pilatus with the motorcycle in the back. AWESOME!! Pissed off that I missed it.

The winglets on the X are aftermarket options and will be an option on new ones. Also, the avionics will be new. The EFIS tubes all the current X's have are primitive.

The CJ1+ would really make a great addition to your fleet for small hops. It's a phenomenal airplane, but I don't really need to tell you about Citations as you already know. I too love the Challenger 300, a buddy of mine has one and it's a great plane.

Last edited by Hernando; 10-22-2010 at 12:54 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:18 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Insman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the roughInsman is a jewel in the rough
Challenger will be great, hope it works out for you. Amazing to see the cabin width on the Falcon 2000's...