Notices
Aviation The Teamspeed Aviation Forum.

Schwing.....Double Schwing.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond reputejamie has a reputation beyond repute
Schwing.....Double Schwing.....

Corvalis TT vs. SR-22 Turbo

Old 07-23-2010, 07:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Fuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond reputeFuel&Fire has a reputation beyond repute
So is that were you have been.... Buying up planes instead of cars now?

Old 07-23-2010, 08:19 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
Is an airplane that cruises at 185 knots really considered a "performance" airplane as the video refers to them? Okay I see the Cesna cruises at 235 knots so that's better.

Jamie, can you imagine the smile on your face flying 405 knots in an L-39 Albatros? And they cost almost HALF of that Cessna.

Old 07-24-2010, 12:31 AM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
That Cessna makes an awfully strong case against the Cirrus.

I just wish SOMEbody would do a frappin center stick. I hate those side mounts.

Old 07-24-2010, 02:24 AM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
I would take the SR22 hands down. I have flown both, and we owned 2 Cirrus Sr22's. The main reason I would take the Cirrus over the Cessna is comfort. The cabin/cockpit in the Cirrus is much much larger and so is the entry door. I feel like you have to be a bit of a contortionist to get out of the Cessna. The door sill starts just above your waist when you are sitting down in the Cessna; in the Cirrus the door sill is much lower and closer to the wing. Plus the opening is much larger. Another thing about the Cessna is interior space, if you put a big guy next to you, you will be shoulder to shoulder. The The Cirrus has more room up there. This is extremely important for me if I am going to be in the air for more than an hour.

Yeah the Cessna is faster, but the Cirrus is plenty fast. The Garmin package is almost the same. The Cessna uses the G1000, and the Cirrus uses the Garmin Perspective which is really an offshoot custom G1000 but is slightly more capable and user friendly (studying it more they might be the same). You can also order the Cirrus with EVS which is awesome.

Another big minus for the Cessna is no Golf bags. I would fit 2 large golf bags in the baggage compartment of the Cirrus with no problem.

Originally Posted by Simba
That Cessna makes an awfully strong case against the Cirrus.

I just wish SOMEbody would do a frappin center stick. I hate those side mounts.
Center stick would be less comfortable on a long trip.

Last edited by Hernando; 07-24-2010 at 02:32 AM.
Old 07-24-2010, 03:16 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Striker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond reputeStriker has a reputation beyond repute
I have seen the SR22 and it is SIMPLY A BEAUTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY in real life!!

I honestly consider it as the Ferrari of the sky!!! That thing is just awesome, amazing... words cant describe what I felt when I sat in that seat with that side-stick and the throttle lever!! Everything was perfection about that plane... And the Garmin SVT...aaah!!! I love and I want!

Old 07-24-2010, 01:31 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Hernando
Center stick would be less comfortable on a long trip.
Perhaps for some, sure. It's just my own preference. I flew a Glasair III for a time and absolutely loved the center stick.