Notices
Aviation The Teamspeed Aviation Forum.

The countdown begins...36 hrs to my Instrument checkride

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2010, 07:57 PM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
The countdown begins...36 hrs to my Instrument checkride

Have you ever known you are ready for a test, but start second guessing and freaking out anyway? That's me. Insomnia all week FTL. I have to laugh at myself because I talk to our primary students all the time about NOT getting test anxiety. FML.

I'm finishing the flight plan and prep tomorrow. We start at 9am on Saturday.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:00 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
You will do just fine brother.

Just relax and knock it out of the park.

Good luck - even though I know you don't need it!

Old 02-25-2010, 08:01 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Green has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond repute
Exciting! You'll do great I'm sure.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:04 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Barrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond reputeBarrister has a reputation beyond repute
If you get nervous, just think of this....

Old 02-25-2010, 08:07 PM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Barrister
If you get nervous, just think of this....

That was exactly the laugh I needed brother. You are awesome. Thanks!

Old 02-25-2010, 11:06 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
If all else fails, pop the breakers and blame the plane.

Old 02-25-2010, 11:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Craigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond reputeCraigger has a reputation beyond repute
as someone who know's nothing about flying, please give me a little detail on what the test includes, and what you have had to be tested on to get to this point if you could.

best of luck from Canada!

Old 02-25-2010, 11:14 PM
Full of Win.
Originally Posted by Craigger
as someone who know's nothing about flying, please give me a little detail on what the test includes, and what you have had to be tested on to get to this point if you could.

best of luck from Canada!
Over simplified, the Instrument rating is an add-on rating to the private pilots license that allows you to fly solely via reference to the instruments inside the aircraft. This allows you to fly up through, in, down through clouds, weather, etc. It is more complicated than that, but that's the basic idea. You are capable of flying from point A to point B without being able to use outside visual cues as a reference.

This video should give you an idea: (this is an approach to landing)

YouTube - ILS 34 @ FTW - Weather at minimums

Old 02-25-2010, 11:52 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Shadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond reputeShadow has a reputation beyond repute
Wow Bro...I would be nervous too Good luck and Knock em dead!!

Old 02-26-2010, 12:55 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Raz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond repute
As a passenger, low cloud ceiling or dense fog landings are always nerve racking. You see nothing out the window, and then with a second to go, there's the ground! I know you'll do great. Best of luck!

Quick Reply: The countdown begins...36 hrs to my Instrument checkride