Notices
Aviation The Teamspeed Aviation Forum.

The countdown begins...36 hrs to my Instrument checkride

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 06:18 AM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Raz5219
You see nothing out the window, and then with a second to go, there's the ground!
I love that

especially when you are mentally building the flight path by referring to charts and directions and in the end when everything worked well - bam there it is right in front of you... the stripe of concrete with the lighting of a christmas tree...awesome

you`ll get that job done man
just remember to be ahead of the game(plane)...because once you start running after it it might become too much

take it easy....you are well prepared,have obviously logged quite a few flight hours and will get it done - for sure

Old 02-26-2010, 12:07 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Nice man, you'll do fine. I have yet to start my instrument rating. I should be doing it soon though.

Let us know when you pass your check ride.

Dana, that picture is priceless. LOL

Old 02-26-2010, 12:44 PM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ECB
I love that

especially when you are mentally building the flight path by referring to charts and directions and in the end when everything worked well - bam there it is right in front of you... the stripe of concrete with the lighting of a christmas tree...awesome

you`ll get that job done man
just remember to be ahead of the game(plane)...because once you start running after it it might become too much

take it easy....you are well prepared,have obviously logged quite a few flight hours and will get it done - for sure
The flying part of the practical I'm absolutely confident about. It's the oral exam (take it easy fellas) that has me all wierded out. It's been a year since I took the written so just been going back over everything to fill in as many of the little pieces as I can.

Old 02-26-2010, 12:52 PM
Banned
Simba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond reputeSimba has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Raz5219
As a passenger, low cloud ceiling or dense fog landings are always nerve racking.
In commercial jets, sit back and have another drink, because most all of them have this handy little feature:

YouTube - A320 ILS App CatIIIB

Old 02-26-2010, 08:32 PM
Watch this space.
Chris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond reputeChris from Cali has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck Gobbles - all little steps toward the DBS...

Old 02-26-2010, 10:39 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
You will be fine, don't stress yourself out too much. I'm sure you have given the same advice to your students billion times by now.

Do you know who your examiner is going to be? Read this as (are you friends or at least know each other?)

Old 02-26-2010, 10:39 PM
Full of Win.
Gobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond reputeGobbles has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Chris from Cali
Good luck Gobbles - all little steps toward the DBS...
Thanks man. I'm working at it. I did get the green light on the air show today, so that'll put us in front of, oh, 30k people over the course of one weekend.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:43 PM
Full of Win.
Originally Posted by Tsar
You will be fine, don't stress yourself out too much. I'm sure you have given the same advice to your students billion times by now.

Do you know who your examiner is going to be? Read this as (are you friends or at least know each other?)
I was stressing pretty hard earlier this week. As Chris can attest, I'm a detail whore so I plan to the last possible detail, with multiple contingencies. That's a by-product of my day job and I normally end up having to talk myself down from an overthinker's cliff.

The examiner I'm flying with is a good guy, and I flew with him for my private ticket so at least that ice is already broken.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:43 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Overtaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond reputeOvertaker has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck on the test Gobbles. I'm sure you won't need it though. And a big congrats on getting in the air show in front of 30,000+ people.

Old 02-26-2010, 10:52 PM
Yea, boobs never hurt.
Tsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond reputeTsar has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Gobbles
I was stressing pretty hard earlier this week. As Chris can attest, I'm a detail whore so I plan to the last possible detail, with multiple contingencies. That's a by-product of my day job and I normally end up having to talk myself down from an overthinker's cliff.

The examiner I'm flying with is a good guy, and I flew with him for my private ticket so at least that ice is already broken.
That's already nice. I remember when I had my first checkride my examiner was too big to fly with me. She was over by about 50 pounds and I didn't really want to strain poor C152, plus it wouldn't look good to just disregard procedures for the checkride... I was shitting my pants when I had to tell her that she was too big, and that my male instructor was smaller than her. I thought my flying days were over

Couple days after I received another examiner, she was a lot smaller and nicer looking

Quick Reply: The countdown begins...36 hrs to my Instrument checkride