Notices
Aviation The Teamspeed Aviation Forum.

Some shots from "good neighbor" day last weekend.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 10:37 AM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute
Some shots from "good neighbor" day last weekend.

One of our local regional airports in Atlanta had a "good neighbor" day last weekend, so I took my 4 year old daughter out to the show. It was her first air show, and boy did she love it. I love it too because going to airshows and being around aircraft was one my favorite things growing up (still to this day as well).

It was a perfect size for an airshow. Not too big, not too small. I did not take as many pictures as I had planned because I was so caught up in showing everything to my daughter, and being just jazzed that she was so into it.

So here are a few... I have some more, but they'll need to be uploaded.

I'm a member of the "Commemorative Air Force", formerly the Confederate Air Force, and have been Colonel with them since 1994. I've been able to do the coolest stuff. I got to do a 30 day tour on Fifi, the last remaining, flying B29, I've gotten to fly a P51, and help restore an SBD Dive bomber. But the coolest... I get to do the pyrotechnics at air shows. Ever seen a Pearl Harbor re-enactment? I'm one of the guys doing the pyro...
Anyways... it is a great organization and I'm proud to be a part of it. We had a few of our planes at the show, including two P51 D models.

My little Riley was over having her picture taken in front of airplanes at this point…

Our Sea Fury

Our old Beachcraft

Some gorgeous T6 Texans go to work. The sound, the sound.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:37 AM
TeH Ears
chokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond reputechokeu2 has a reputation beyond repute

One of our local dealers sponsored the show.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:44 AM
TS Detailing Partner l Atlanta
whitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond repute
Very cool pics! Where was that? Peachtree Dekalb?

I read an article on the commemorative air force and the B29 a bit ago, awesome stuff.

Old 06-03-2009, 10:57 AM
TeH Ears
Originally Posted by whitlock
Very cool pics! Where was that? Peachtree Dekalb?

I read an article on the commemorative air force and the B29 a bit ago, awesome stuff.
Why yes sir, it was at PDK.

The CAF has been an awesome group to be a part of. Fifi wow... Gotta tell ya, that was one of the most memorable times of my life. It was hard work, since I was essentially riding bitch... meaning... my purpose in life was to change the oil at every stop. Well worth every second of the work.

Old 06-03-2009, 11:01 AM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome pics. By "our" seafury do you mean to tell us that you own a Hawker Seafury, or that there is one at your airport. Please verify, because if you do you are going to have to fly it down here.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:01 PM
TS Detailing Partner l Atlanta
whitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond reputewhitlock has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by chokeu2
Why yes sir, it was at PDK.

The CAF has been an awesome group to be a part of. Fifi wow... Gotta tell ya, that was one of the most memorable times of my life. It was hard work, since I was essentially riding bitch... meaning... my purpose in life was to change the oil at every stop. Well worth every second of the work.
I'd kill to ride bitch in that aircraft. Definitly one heck of an expirience for you I'm sure.

Trying to remember where I read the article, might of been Rob Report or another magazine like that.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:20 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond reputeAlzilla has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome pics, Choke! Glad to hear you and your daughter enjoyed yourselves. Was that T6 doing burnouts?!??

Old 06-03-2009, 07:57 PM
TeH Ears
Originally Posted by Hernando
Awesome pics. By "our" seafury do you mean to tell us that you own a Hawker Seafury, or that there is one at your airport. Please verify, because if you do you are going to have to fly it down here.
Ah! Sorry, I did not make myself very clear did I?!

By "our" I mean, my Commemorative Air Force wing, The Dixie Wing; located here in Gee-or-ga.

And we make it to show in Florida quite often... So ya never know... It could happen.

Old 06-03-2009, 07:58 PM
TeH Ears
Originally Posted by Alzilla
Awesome pics, Choke! Glad to hear you and your daughter enjoyed yourselves. Was that T6 doing burnouts?!??
LOL! That is an apt description! Yes! All for of them did "burn outs".

They stopped show center and kicked on the smoke and did donuts.

it was extremely cool.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:41 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Green has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond reputeGreen has a reputation beyond repute
V cool pics!

Quick Reply: Some shots from "good neighbor" day last weekend.