Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Best Lambo Lambo tune: Unbiased, biased review about the new Velos tune for Gallardo

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 05:41 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Miguel is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Best Lambo Lambo tune: Unbiased, biased review about the new Velos tune for Gallardo

Hello teamspeed!

I wanted to share this with all the Gallardo owners like myself whom are looking or thinking about getting a tune. hope you enjoy it..

Well I think today I have to share the experience i had with a local tuner and their tune for Lambo's. I need to explain that this review is being written by my real personal experience with Velos and their service and actual product performance.

- my specs are - 2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder - RSC LP560 front end, RSC Titanium Exhaust, BMW Filter Swap, Carbon Kevlar Clutch, Gated 6-Speed Shifter -

When I first got my car it was an amazing experience, the exhaust and filters really opened her up once installed, but from the first time i got on it it had always been missing something. it was the first time i had driven a car with this large of a NA motor with such lag. It was almost if the car was boosted and the turbo wouldnt kick in until 3-4 almost 5k in the rpm band.... The hunt for a tune began. I called several of my shop owners (specialize in Lambo TT and engine builds) and they all told me the same thing, the tune isnt really worth it for the money save up for a TT build. So i waited. and waited. Did some more research and... still waited. All the dyno's showed a gain of about 20whp... for 2-3k a tune... i would expect more for this! so i waited.

Then came along an opportunity with a local tuner I just had to investigate. Velos mentioned to me they are masters with the Gallardo motor and I would "love their tune" and most importantly... I would feel it! After some more deliberation and a same day turn around time, i went for it.... AND I HAVENT LOOKED BACK SINCE!!!!!

When I first got my car back i couldn't wait to drive it. however as soon as i got on it... not really a big difference.... I was heart broken. the stories were true and i just blew a bunch of cash. I drove the car home with my slightly better drive. i woke up the next morning already knowing that after work i would be visiting Velos again to get the tune out... but then something Magic happened. The car became ALIVE!!! I noticed an immediate response in acceleration right out the gate and a HUGE difference through the Mid-Range! It was actually surprising how quickly she took off so i spilled some water on my pants... that or i crapped myself

i got to the office and didst want to turn her off thinking this was a one time thing. After coming to my senses i turned her off and couldn't wait for the drive home. Late shift over - got into car started it up and let her warm up. Driving home.. she got faster than the morning!!! It was just pulling and pulling all the way to the new 8400 rev-limiter!! The smile came back! the next two days the power and throttle response increased again. I remember texting Ommy www.superfastlambo.com/wtf

I can honestly say this has been the BEST mod i have performed to this date, besides the wheels what makes me the most upset is that i waited this long to get it. The car has completely transformed and this is the way it should have came from factory. Im not saying the car is a rocket or TT fast at all... but it has an ear to ear smile factor installed now that wasn't originally equipped.

if you guys are looking to get a tune give them a shot or at least call for info.

There facebook fanpage is here:

http://www.facebook.com/VelosDesignwerks

Old 12-01-2011, 05:46 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Miguel posting now! Jordan how did you get him to use a computer! !

Old 12-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Former Sponsor
LOOLLLL!!! dam u DJ!! i had to buy a used one of craigslist... Its a pink mac book semi-pro lol

Old 12-01-2011, 06:19 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond repute
Mig! Nice review! TT'ing the Gallardo is still a must though.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:55 PM
Former Sponsor
J@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant future
hahaha.. Miggy is using his pink mac book

Old 12-01-2011, 06:56 PM
Former Sponsor
J@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Tony
Mig! Nice review! TT'ing the Gallardo is still a must though.
TDF1... the G has been retired in favor or a 997TT that in on transport right now

Old 12-01-2011, 07:52 PM
Former Sponsor
thanks Tony!!! there are def some TT's incoming soon!

Old 12-01-2011, 08:42 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by J@WB
TDF1... the G has been retired in favor or a 997TT that in on transport right now
Ohhh I like the sound of that. Does that mean the G can be passed on to me?
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Miguel
thanks Tony!!! there are def some TT's incoming soon!

Old 12-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
bdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond reputebdeitemeyer has a reputation beyond repute
I'm confused as to why the results of the tune weren't noticeable until the day after...that doesn't make sense to me. Care to enlighten me on that?

Old 12-01-2011, 09:03 PM
Former Sponsor
^ yea im assuming the ECU had to re-adapt after the flash was done... especially to my driving habits. Like i said after the flash there was an immediate change in the drive-ability and pick up of the car, but it wasnt what i was looking for until it really dialed itself in

Quick Reply: Best Lambo Lambo tune: Unbiased, biased review about the new Velos tune for Gallardo