Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Best Lambo Lambo tune: Unbiased, biased review about the new Velos tune for Gallardo

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 09:52 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Jeremy@Prior Design will become famous soon enoughJeremy@Prior Design will become famous soon enoughJeremy@Prior Design will become famous soon enoughJeremy@Prior Design will become famous soon enoughJeremy@Prior Design will become famous soon enoughJeremy@Prior Design will become famous soon enoughJeremy@Prior Design will become famous soon enoughJeremy@Prior Design will become famous soon enoughJeremy@Prior Design will become famous soon enoughJeremy@Prior Design will become famous soon enough
Car is looking really good Miguel!

Old 12-01-2011, 11:07 PM
Teamspeed Pro
jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!jstrat85 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
Miguel very nice! Im thinking about doing it to my car also ; ) Just got in my new test pipes also. With this tune, test pipes, and carbon fiber exhaust the car is going to be nuts!

Old 12-02-2011, 07:28 AM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bdeitemeyer
I'm confused as to why the results of the tune weren't noticeable until the day after...that doesn't make sense to me. Care to enlighten me on that?
Like Miguel said, a lot of ECU's need time to adapt. Some can take 30 minutes or some can take a day. I think it's more based on driving time. But ECU's do need time to learn their new settings!

Old 12-02-2011, 10:13 AM
Former Sponsor
David@fabspeed is on a distinguished roadDavid@fabspeed is on a distinguished roadDavid@fabspeed is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bdeitemeyer
I'm confused as to why the results of the tune weren't noticeable until the day after...that doesn't make sense to me. Care to enlighten me on that?
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Miguel
^ yea im assuming the ECU had to re-adapt after the flash was done... especially to my driving habits. Like i said after the flash there was an immediate change in the drive-ability and pick up of the car, but it wasnt what i was looking for until it really dialed itself in
Originally Posted by ADV.1 Tony
Like Miguel said, a lot of ECU's need time to adapt. Some can take 30 minutes or some can take a day. I think it's more based on driving time. But ECU's do need time to learn their new settings!
I hope I am not out of line explaining this for you guys, but I get asked it a lot since I tune these cars weekly it seems.

Lambo's have Campi/EFI ECU's. Between the different cars there are multiple software variants with as many as 24 ignition maps, 5-10 load maps, TQ maps, sport/corsa mode maps, fueling tables, etc. Because of the aforementioned, tuning these cars presents many variables. Some of the ignition maps on the G's are safety maps that have VERY LOW ignition advance as a safety precaution (knock,bad gas,operating temp. getting too high, etc).

Because of the multiple "files (ignition[timing] maps)" on the Gallardo ECU's, after a tune is done the car will revert to the most "conservative" file as a safety precaution (if dynod right after a tune the car may actually LOSE power briefly). after the tune you need to put a few hundred miles on the to "re-adapt" the ECU and see the real power gains.

I hope that cleared up some questions.

Last edited by David@fabspeed; 12-02-2011 at 10:14 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 10:20 AM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
"After the tune you need to put a few hundred miles on the to "re-adapt" the ECU and see the real power gains."

Thanks for that explanation, I actually wasn't aware of that!

Old 12-02-2011, 11:56 AM
Former Sponsor
J@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant futureJ@WB has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by David@fabspeed
I hope I am not out of line explaining this for you guys, but I get asked it a lot since I tune these cars weekly it seems.

Lambo's have Campi/EFI ECU's. Between the different cars there are multiple software variants with as many as 24 ignition maps, 5-10 load maps, TQ maps, sport/corsa mode maps, fueling tables, etc. Because of the aforementioned, tuning these cars presents many variables. Some of the ignition maps on the G's are safety maps that have VERY LOW ignition advance as a safety precaution (knock,bad gas,operating temp. getting too high, etc).

Because of the multiple "files (ignition[timing] maps)" on the Gallardo ECU's, after a tune is done the car will revert to the most "conservative" file as a safety precaution (if dynod right after a tune the car may actually LOSE power briefly). after the tune you need to put a few hundred miles on the to "re-adapt" the ECU and see the real power gains.

That was awesome David!!! thanks for the explanation! Saved to my head drive for future use

Old 12-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Miguel is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by jstrat85
Miguel very nice! Im thinking about doing it to my car also ; ) Just got in my new test pipes also. With this tune, test pipes, and carbon fiber exhaust the car is going to be nuts!
WWUUTTT!!!! that would be insane!!! pics or it never happened! lol

Old 12-02-2011, 11:58 AM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Miguel is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by David@fabspeed

That definitely sums it up to the T! Awesome job David!!

Old 12-02-2011, 12:52 PM
Former Sponsor
David@fabspeed is on a distinguished roadDavid@fabspeed is on a distinguished roadDavid@fabspeed is on a distinguished road
glad I could help guys now order some exhausts from me

Old 12-02-2011, 12:54 PM
Kenyan
M-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond reputeM-Individual has a reputation beyond repute
Lambo looks good!

Quick Reply: Best Lambo Lambo tune: Unbiased, biased review about the new Velos tune for Gallardo