Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Aventador or 458

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
jaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to beholdjaymoney is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by kato25
would you mind explaining your point???
I wondered the point also. May be he's thinking that there are one of each of these on a showroom somewhere like a civic or a taurus and you're just going to pick one up on your lunch break. I would assume that you'll be placing an order. Either way, I would go for the Lambo. I saw it in person and it is a show stopper, possibly the best Lambo ever. Don't get me wrong, I think the 458 is awesome but as was said prior they're not in the same class. The Aventador will hold up better than a Gallardo but still take a hit. Ferrari's traditionally are better in the short term but I have heard that they are not as strong. There are actually 458's out there to buy with out up charges. The resale may be a wash between the two. Just for the sake of argument, have you considered a McLaren?

Old 01-02-2012, 03:39 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by slord
I'd get the facts before judging. Seriously, look around TS.
of course Sir

since you`ve been way longer on TS than me I can`t know shit anyway

Old 01-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
kato25 is on a distinguished roadkato25 is on a distinguished roadkato25 is on a distinguished roadkato25 is on a distinguished roadkato25 is on a distinguished roadkato25 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jaymoney
I wondered the point also. May be he's thinking that there are one of each of these on a showroom somewhere like a civic or a taurus and you're just going to pick one up on your lunch break. I would assume that you'll be placing an order. Either way, I would go for the Lambo. I saw it in person and it is a show stopper, possibly the best Lambo ever. Don't get me wrong, I think the 458 is awesome but as was said prior they're not in the same class. The Aventador will hold up better than a Gallardo but still take a hit. Ferrari's traditionally are better in the short term but I have heard that they are not as strong. There are actually 458's out there to buy with out up charges. The resale may be a wash between the two. Just for the sake of argument, have you considered a McLaren?
Thank you Jay.
yes, i would be putting my deposit down (within a week) to place the order. If i go for the Lambo i would have it here in August.
I also did consider the Mclaren, but I haven't seen one in person to see if would i appreciate the design better.

Last edited by kato25; 01-02-2012 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:43 PM
ECB
Teamspeed Pro
ECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond reputeECB has a reputation beyond repute
would you mind explaining your point???
sounded like this

May be he's thinking that there are one of each of these on a showroom somewhere like a civic or a taurus and you're just going to pick one up on your lunch break
as if you wanted to just pick one up like a bag of milk not

Old 01-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
kato25 is on a distinguished roadkato25 is on a distinguished roadkato25 is on a distinguished roadkato25 is on a distinguished roadkato25 is on a distinguished roadkato25 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ECB
sounded like this

as if you wanted to just pick one up like a bag of milk not
you should read my reply to jay

Old 01-02-2012, 04:06 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Kato25 welcome to the TEAM. Whatever you decide it will be a great addition.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:08 PM
DJ
Teamspeed Pro
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you Jay.
yes, i would be putting my deposit down (within a week) to place the order. If i go for the Lambo i would have it here in August.
I also did consider the Mclaren, but I haven't seen one in person to see if would i appreciate the design better.
Kato take a peak here for 80+pages of great McLaren MP4-12C images that just might get you thinking that way as well. https://teamspeed.com/forums/mclaren...re-thread.html

Old 01-02-2012, 04:12 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
Originally Posted by DJ
Kato25 welcome to the TEAM. Whatever you decide it will be a great addition.
Thanks DJ.

Old 01-02-2012, 04:16 PM
Former Sponsor
ADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond reputeADV.1 Tony has a reputation beyond repute
I would personally take the Aventador. I absolutely LOVE the 458 but the presence of the Aventador is just unreal. There's something just different and special about the Aventador that I don't think the 458 has. The 458 is an amazing super car but the Aventador to me is just on a different level. I don't know...I'd just take both

Old 01-02-2012, 04:17 PM
TEAMSPEED.COM
Redlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond reputeRedlinerobert has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to TS Kato. Understand that every once in a while, we get new members here claiming to have, or just about to purchase, neither of which ends up being true. I'm sure that's not the case with you.

Both cars are fantastic, feature the latest technology, are within microseconds of each other performance wise, but bottom line which one moves you? having owned a Murcielago myself I can tell you that there's something special about the Lamborghini that at the time I did not find in the Ferrari. That could change with todays cars however...

Regardless, it's a great position to be in and I for one look forward to seeing what you decide to buy. Cheers!

Quick Reply: Aventador or 458