Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Lamborghini Officially Kills off the Manual

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011 | 12:51 PM
Teamspeed Pro
alwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond reputealwin has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Justin T.
This is so sad! Lamborghini was one of the last manufactures that kept the manual alive in the supercar world...I guess Koenigsegg and Pagani are now the only brands that still offer the awesome manual...
I don't think Pagani is offering the manual option on the Huayra either, so I guess we can cross them off too.

Old 07-09-2011 | 12:54 PM
Teamspeed Pro
burnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond reputeburnzie has a reputation beyond repute
I love the way this thread has gone. Nothing better than a GT Silver CGT or Blue/no stripe FGT.

Old 07-09-2011 | 12:58 PM
Teamspeed Pro
X2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond reputeX2daC has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by JonA85
Don't forget about our Subies
You doing stand up Jon?

Old 07-09-2011 | 01:57 PM
Teamspeed Pro
JDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond reputeJDM135 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by X2daC
You doing stand up Jon?

Lollll

Yeh, CGT and FGT are just epic. I forgot about Zonda's, particularly Zonda F's or Cinques, but they aren't road legal in the states and they are retarded expensive. So for now, FGT/CGT lol. Or LP640/670 in stick which is on the rarer side, but I'm sure if you looked for it, you can find one.

Old 07-09-2011 | 02:18 PM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by bruinne
well, if CABRERA only offer paddle shift, why don't get CARRERA to get a stick shift...

Sorry can't hold it
I am pretty sure there's a bathroom down the hall.

Love those FGT's!

Old 07-09-2011 | 02:35 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
modenaboy will become famous soon enoughmodenaboy will become famous soon enoughmodenaboy will become famous soon enoughmodenaboy will become famous soon enoughmodenaboy will become famous soon enoughmodenaboy will become famous soon enoughmodenaboy will become famous soon enoughmodenaboy will become famous soon enough
Give me the choice for 6 speed please

Originally Posted by mafishman1
Honestly anyone that would order a Lambo with a manual transmission is probably already buying a Porsche anyway. I love driving with that 3rd pedal, but if I were buying a Lambo I probably wouldn't order it that way. As long as I had a fun car with 3 pedals like a Porsche to go along with it.
Ha, funny. I am someone who would order a Lambo with a manual and I am driving a Porsche (with a 6 speed). BUT.... My Gallardo has a 6 speed as well, and it is awesome with the gate, love it.

Damn shame that 6 speeds are dying off, but the good news is the reams of awesome supercars already made with 6 speed that I'll feed off of for the rest of my days (GT3, Carrera GT, Gallardo, Audi R8, vintage, etc.) - hopefully Lotus will keep offering 6 speeds too.

For me, it's about driving pleasure, not bragging how fast my car can go 0-60 or lap the 'ring. I couldn't care less about cars getting faster, I want them to continue to be fun to drive, and get lighter and safer.

Even with faster cars to drive, I still love my Elise because it is balanced and handles great (I wouldn't complain about a normally aspirated 400HP Elise, but it's just dandy with it's paltry 190).

Now on the track, especially if someone is getting paid, that's a different story. But for the street, give me a six speed for maximum involvement, and fun.

Edit: Just wanted to make sure nobody thinks my comment about 0-60/ring times was directed at anyone, it is a comment on the general industry direction to market numbers instead of driving pleasure (such as the ridiculous statement about the electronic chain of command by Lambo). Also, I've driven a bunch of paddle version Gallardos (and other cars), so my preference doesn't come without having tried the other side!

Last edited by modenaboy; 07-09-2011 at 02:39 PM.
Old 07-09-2011 | 04:16 PM
contract neg repper for hire
mafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond reputemafishman1 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by modenaboy
Ha, funny. I am someone who would order a Lambo with a manual and I am driving a Porsche (with a 6 speed). BUT.... My Gallardo has a 6 speed as well, and it is awesome with the gate, love it.
For the record, I agree with pretty much everything you said. I was just making the other side of the argument and pointing out that MOST people don't buy Lambos with 3 pedals even if available. I like your collection and love that you have a manual G. I too wish they would at least keep the option available. It's a shame it's going away, but it won't affect many except those few true enthusiasts...like yourself!

Old 07-09-2011 | 04:49 PM
Teamspeed Rookie
JamesT is an unknown quantity at this point
On this subject that comes up in lots of discussion forums. To me the manufacturer's should continue to offer both transmissions. In Lamborghini's case how many cars were ordered by the dealers vs by individuals? Dealers are always going to order cars for inventory they think most buyers want. One of my visits to a Lamborghini dealer they had several new cars in the showroom and all F1 shifters. Now if you visit a Porsche dealers there are plenty of manual cars as there are pdks. Porsche dealers know there are enough people that want a manual Porsche.

And if as some have suggested it is about money. Then let's ask this question. What is the cost for a new manual transmission compared to a new F1 transmission? So if for sake of arguments let's say a driver destroyed their transmission. What does it cost to repair either transmissions?

Thanks

Old 07-09-2011 | 04:59 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!Full Tilt Rally You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks and Rolls!
I don't know why these companies can't offer a manual as an option. Even if it was an extra cost.

To say that cars are becoming too fast for human interference isn't a great argument either. The Enzo, 458, Maser MC-12, GT-R, Lexota LFA, all flappy paddles and are all slower around the "ring" than the GT2 and ZR1 - both manuals.

Argument dead

Keep the manual alive!

Old 07-09-2011 | 05:53 PM
Teamspeed Pro
ZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond reputeZAMIRZ has a reputation beyond repute
Since the topic of this thread is depressing, I shall leave you with my favorite 599 of all time. Yes I know it's not a GTO, and no I'm not crazy. I would take this over a GTO. It is in my eyes, the perfect 599. Sadly, it can't seem to find a permanent home and keeps getting passed around from one dealer to another due to the "unsaleable" manual transmission.

Quick Reply: Lamborghini Officially Kills off the Manual