Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Lamborghini Officially Kills off the Manual

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 01:04 AM
This won't end well
65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute65°V12 has a reputation beyond repute
A manual transmission is a break in the electronic chain of command that harmonises absolutely everything that happens between engine combustion chamber and tyre contact patch,” Mr Reggiani told Motor Trend.
Seriously, does this guy even like driving cars? Break in chain?

Old 07-08-2011, 01:51 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Beefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond reputeBeefmeister has a reputation beyond repute
I'll copy what I just wrote on my blog:

It genuinely saddens me to read what the R&D director of such a raw and passionate company as Lamborghini is saying above. He equates the whole driving experience to an electronic chain of command, which in my experience is not what a Lamborghini is about. For me Lambos have been a raw, visceral experience, whereas Ferraris have been the ones moving towards an F1 car for the road. The California is the last Ferrari to be available with a manual gearbox, and even then it is to special order only. The 458, FF are self-shifters only, as will be the 599 replacement.

To take away that final piece of driver control, the ability to shift the gears yourself, to match the revs to the speed on entry to a corner whilst shifting down, heel-and-toeing to get the perfect seamless shift, is a real mistake. Lamborghini shouldn’t be following Ferrari on this line, they should keep their faith. Unfortunately only 2 per cent of Lamborghini production is manual, so it seems as if the market dictates, and I am in the minority. It just seems a shame that cars as stunning as this will never have the classic open metal gearshift.

For the true enthusiast there is still one glimmer of hope though – Porsche. They have always offered manual gearboxes, and have said that they will continue to do so, even if only on their hardcore GT3 models. They will be combined with a PDK option for the first time in the new 991 model, but the option will still be there for that 2 per cent who want to feel like they are having a direct input to their performance car, and we applaud Porsche for that.

Old 07-08-2011, 02:13 AM
Teamspeed Pro
rangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond reputerangieboy17 has a reputation beyond repute
I guess people at Audi are now partying.

Old 07-08-2011, 04:30 AM
Teamspeed Pro
hg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant futurehg_wng has a brilliant future
that sucks

Old 07-08-2011, 07:16 AM
Teamspeed Pro
frshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond reputefrshcoupe has a reputation beyond repute
How much longer do you guys think Porsche will offer manual as an option?

Old 07-08-2011, 08:21 AM
FIGJAM
IIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond reputeIIVVX has a reputation beyond repute
gayest trend in automotive history

Old 07-08-2011, 08:33 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!BMWRacer13 You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
Originally Posted by IIVVX
gayest trend in automotive history
^ couldn't have said it better, this is BS

Old 07-08-2011, 08:57 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
ErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud ofErikD has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by RawAutos
This is just ridiculous... And don't forget about BMW. The U.S. is the only market that'll get all M cars with a manual transmission.
Australia gets all m cars in manual too I think.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:17 AM
Teamspeed Rookie
honzarox has a spectacular aura abouthonzarox has a spectacular aura abouthonzarox has a spectacular aura abouthonzarox has a spectacular aura abouthonzarox has a spectacular aura abouthonzarox has a spectacular aura abouthonzarox has a spectacular aura abouthonzarox has a spectacular aura abouthonzarox has a spectacular aura abouthonzarox has a spectacular aura abouthonzarox has a spectacular aura about
Probably a financial decision,I guess 2% isnt that much to them, considering they won't have to develop a manual. Wonder if the next R8 will b forced into this as well...

Im honestly surprised @ the small percentage of manuals, but I can understand people liking to feel like they're in an F1 racecar. Even from a financial point of view, I think that having a manual "available", even if no one buys it, would bring in more customers. I'd want to feel like I can choose, this just makes it sound like the next Gallardo wont have any human imput at all...

Old 07-08-2011, 09:33 AM
Teamspeed Pro
LABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond reputeLABrit has a reputation beyond repute
Thought the replacement comes out in 13'?

Quick Reply: Lamborghini Officially Kills off the Manual