Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Gallardo Maintenance Costs

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2010, 10:42 AM
I need pos rep like Hulkamania NOW!
Brobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond reputeBrobbins016 has a reputation beyond repute
IMHO step up and at least buy a 430 or a Scud. A Verde G is kind of saying "look at me", a 430 is saying "sleep with me" and a 997 Turbo doesn't say anything but makes the statement,Good luck keeping up with me. Just my .02

Old 10-10-2010, 06:55 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Brobbins016
IMHO step up and at least buy a 430 or a Scud. A Verde G is kind of saying "look at me", a 430 is saying "sleep with me" and a 997 Turbo doesn't say anything but makes the statement,Good luck keeping up with me. Just my .02
LOL! It's only money right?! SOME OF US ARE ON BUDGETS! I'M probably FACING DIVORCE OVER A LAMBO! Farewell to her if so!

Old 10-10-2010, 11:47 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Mythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond reputeMythic has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by _CEO_
LOL! It's only money right?! SOME OF US ARE ON BUDGETS! I'M probably FACING DIVORCE OVER A LAMBO! Farewell to her if so!
Hope you are kidding about the wife. its seems like you have already decided to do it. its going to be some intense anticipation till next spring.

Old 10-11-2010, 11:00 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute_CEO_ has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by ndiran1
Hope you are kidding about the wife. its seems like you have already decided to do it. its going to be some intense anticipation till next spring.
She'll be fine...

Old 10-11-2010, 03:03 PM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats on making the decision to get the new Lambo. I know you'll love it.

Originally Posted by Brobbins016
Clutches on E Gear's last about 10 to 12,000. My bud got about 12K out of his.
Originally Posted by stuka
That sounds like extremely lousy programming on Lambo's part.

I have never heard of an E60 M5 with SMG that roasts its clutch after 12K miles.
Most of that stems from people leaving it in gear at red lights or when standing. People treat it like an automatic and should treat it like a manual and always put it in N when not moving. My friends clutch lasted much longer than that. In fact, I don't think he's replaced it yet.

Originally Posted by _CEO_
I like the white better but the green is my company colors so I can spin the expense as a company car lol
That's cool. I would probably still go with white.

Old 10-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by djantlive
as far as clutch goes, lambo and ferrari are based off of the same F1 transmission. they all last anywhere between 7k-25k miles, depending on driving style and model year (06+ on G are better). these clutches are not the same as SMG so don't even try to compare. the clutch plate is much smaller on ferrari and lambo compared to m3 and m5.
The F1 and the SMG are similar in concept. They are dry, single, hydraulically operated clutches. These are found in E46 M3 and E60 M5.

DCT is the one that has dual clutches for odd and even gears, first introduced in the E90 M3.

BMW manages to program the SMG module to be able to open and close the clutch plate without killing it in 25K miles. At least on the BMW's, the clutch assembly is the same on 6speed and on SMG.

I don't know if that is the case with Lambo, but if so, are you really saying that even if you are a competent manual driver, you can't get more than 25K out of your 6 speed Gallardo?

Originally Posted by djantlive
bottom line, if you can't afford a $7k clutch job, you really don't want to get an exotic. after research and personal experience, gallardo is more reliable than a F360 and possibly F430. it isn't bullet proof like a 911 in terms of reliability though.
I don't really think it's an affordability question for the people here asking the question, but more of a "how can I justify this expense when the mrs can buy a lot of other things for 7K, like more than 14 pairs of Choo's."

Old 10-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Teamspeed's Howitzer
STOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond reputeSTOPPIE has a reputation beyond repute
Actually thinking about it now, one of the main gripes with the SMG was the 'on' 'off' feeling (read, jerky transmission). Put it into the full on M gear it changed gears much quicker and less 'off' feeling between shifts. I imagine that programming makes the E and F1 do more 'slipping' thus killing life span of the clutch, no?

Old 10-11-2010, 08:25 PM
Teamspeed Pro
allanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond repute
I know people with 50k on clutches... I believe Sprites car on Twin Turbos with an Egear had over 20k miles , and the clutch was measured with something like 75% life left..

Old 10-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Raz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond reputeRaz5219 has a reputation beyond repute
Hernando is right in that putting the car in neutral at stop lights or just standing extends the life of the clutch.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:22 PM
Teamspeed's Mr. Spock
stuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond reputestuka has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Raz5219
Hernando is right in that putting the car in neutral at stop lights or just standing extends the life of the clutch.
IIRC, the SMG's in BMW's will go into Neutral if you are at a standstill with foot on the brake, or at a stand still, for more than 5 seconds.

This is just a theoretical exercise for me, if I get a Gallardo, it must be a 6 speed.

Quick Reply: Gallardo Maintenance Costs