Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Breaking Lamborghini Murcielago Replacement News! The LP700-4

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2010 | 03:06 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
^^^quite so...

Old 11-15-2010 | 04:08 PM
Teamspeed Pro
Alex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond reputeAlex12de has a reputation beyond repute
wow new engine is great!!! Now some pics of the exterior PLEASE!!!

Old 11-15-2010 | 04:15 PM
Banned
gmaccormack is an unknown quantity at this point
Hears what it sounds like Hear The New Lamborghini V12 In Action

Old 11-15-2010 | 04:16 PM
Teamspeed Poster Extraordinaire
McRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond reputeMcRae has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by alex12de
wow new engine is great!!! Now some pics of the exterior please!!!
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-15-2010 | 04:47 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
rmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enoughrmani will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Ludas
A bit late now don't you think...

remember what happened with bmw and the e60 m5. car was never designed to accommodate a real 6 speed but they made it work. sometimes car companies actually listen to the enthusiasts.

Old 11-15-2010 | 05:27 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Hot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Ludas
A bit late now don't you think...
Looking at the photos of the engine and trans mission that have been posted, I have to wonder what a manual transmission would look like and and weigh. Would it would throw the balance of the car out of whack if they tried to put one in.

Old 11-16-2010 | 08:44 AM
Teamspeed Pro
quickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond reputequickZohsix has a reputation beyond repute
While I am in the minority group of Id rather have a manual, it just doesnt make financial sence.

Are they going to sell less cars because of no 6-speed? I bet its not many, people who want this car, will still buy it.

When you spend so much money on the "ultimate newest exotic" ect ect most people want the newest best transmission as well, and this that just happens to be a flappy paddle tranny.

True enthusiasts will want a 6-speed. Unfortuantly, true enthusiasts only make up a small percentage of the people who buy these cars.

just my thoughts

Old 11-16-2010 | 09:25 AM
Teamspeed's Florida Ambassador
Hernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond reputeHernando has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by quickZohsix
While I am in the minority group of Id rather have a manual, it just doesnt make financial sence.

Are they going to sell less cars because of no 6-speed? I bet its not many, people who want this car, will still buy it.

When you spend so much money on the "ultimate newest exotic" ect ect most people want the newest best transmission as well, and this that just happens to be a flappy paddle tranny.

True enthusiasts will want a 6-speed. Unfortuantly, true enthusiasts only make up a small percentage of the people who buy these cars.

just my thoughts
I'm with you. I would love to see this in a 6speed.

Old 11-16-2010 | 10:56 AM
Former Sponsor
roytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond reputeroytoy2003 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by quickZohsix

just my thoughts
Correct..also keep in mind another major factor is the cost for the factory to stock two types as well as differnt installation style and wiring harness, causes a slow down on the line and two froms of training for the employee. ALSO for the USA the manufacture is "required" to maintain a stock of 10% of ALL items sold on a model for warranty and recall services for a period of 10 YEARS from date of last manufacturing and available to the public...so agian they have to "stock" on the shelf replacement parts that are not heavily sold.

I of course AM a 6 speed guy. I am in the process of working with several talented people in the are of this issue. We may "switch" a new car to the 6 speed manual gear box our slefs afer obtaining the car next year.

Old 11-16-2010 | 11:48 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Hot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond reputeHot Shot has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by roytoy2003
I of course AM a 6 speed guy. I am in the process of working with several talented people in the are of this issue. We may "switch" a new car to the 6 speed manual gear box ourselves after obtaining the car next year.
Roy,
If you guys do this, let me know. It would be awesome to do a photo documentary.

Quick Reply: Breaking Lamborghini Murcielago Replacement News! The LP700-4