Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

Breaking Lamborghini Murcielago Replacement News! The LP700-4

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010 | 02:14 AM
TS Official Automotive Enthusiast
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for great write-up Andrew, matte white with black with black wheels will be prachtvoll. I am not big fan of matte colors, but the matte pearl colors of Lamborghini and Bentley are simply close to perfection and giving the car really unique look.

From conversation with bud of mine yesterday I understood that first cars will be delivered late May, so you have to squeeze out of your dealer the earliest delivery date possible.

One question - anything to add about the engine, is it new engine or still not? From what I am hearing its all-new. Asking to double-check.

Old 11-10-2010 | 02:21 AM
Teamspeed Member
AndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by D55L
Thanks for great write-up Andrew, matte white with black with black wheels will be prachtvoll. From conversation with bud of mine yesterday I understood that first cars will be delivered late May, so you have to squeeze out of your dealer the earliest delivery date possible.

One question - anything to add about the engine, is it new engine or still not? From what I am hearing its all-new. Asking to double-check.
I was told all new. With those impressive claims for a flat torque curve (much to my relief) that makes sense. It didn't sound particularly impressive when started up, but there was a pleasing bark when revved. I think the engine with new 7-speeder will be the highlight of the car.

Whole car weighs same as the 670, I was told, so that implies the future stripped out version into low 1400kg's

Old 11-10-2010 | 02:27 AM
Teamspeed Member
AndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant futureAndrewDinCH has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by shin
Agreed, and should anyone want to try the matte look, why not use stickers for 1/20th of the factory paint price. And once you're bored with it (and you will), you can peel it off and your paint would look brand new as the sticker also double-functions as a protection film.
Overnight I'm preferring the idea of pearl white like my 16M, but my wife thinks matt white would show the car's lines more. It is quite creased and with many different surfaces. Matt didn't hurt the Reventon

Old 11-10-2010 | 02:29 AM
D55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond reputeD55L has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks a lot Andrew. Strange thing about the weight. Those who were at the factory on the 8th were saying about 15% weight decrease comparing with LP640 which is closer to 1400 kg. Guys from Singapore reported 229 kg which is again closer to the 1400 kg. Then again I was hearing about weight similar to SV like you said.

Pearl matte is different story, those colors are simply amazing. I liked new pearl orange very much also, know its a bit interesting, but gorgeous for me.

Old 11-10-2010 | 02:33 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
shin is on a distinguished roadshin is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by D55L
Strange thing about the weight. Those who were at the factory on the 8th were saying about 15% weight decrease comparing with LP640 which is closer to 1400 kg. Guys from Singapore reported 229 kg which is again closer to the 1400 kg. Then again I was hearing about weight similar to SV like you said.
Would the math makes sense if it's 229 Lbs , not Kgs ?

Old 11-10-2010 | 02:34 AM
I thought about that also, but few guys who were at the presentation at 8th were reporting 15% weight decrease from LP640.

Old 11-10-2010 | 02:46 AM
Teamspeed Member
There was a slide on the 229kg reduction, which related to the saving from the new CF monococque. I guess the more sumptuous cabin has put back 129kg. I think the 4wd system is also new

Old 11-10-2010 | 05:05 AM
Teamspeed Pro
Ludas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond reputeLudas has a reputation beyond repute
Maybe parts of the confusion can be blamed on Lamborghini not telling the truth about their weights to begin with. In Sport Autos own tests the LP640 and the SV were considerably heavier than Lambos official figures.
Officially the SV weighed 1655 kg, the test showed it was actually 1751 kg. LP640s weight proved to be 1814 kg.

Old 11-10-2010 | 06:17 AM
Weight figures in the problem when speaking about Lamborghini and Ferrari, they like to claim weight which is lower than in reality. I will post more impression about LP700-4 later in the evening.

Old 11-10-2010 | 08:02 AM
Teamspeed Member
quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!quickie You are a Teamspeed member that Rocks!
more random thoughts

regarding the weight, the slide said "229kg reduction - 15%", the correct name for the suspention i mentioned is "push rod".

the car looks exactly mlike reventon from the rear, front has a w shaped line separating the bonnet from the front bumper. air intakes look like the first renderings with black plastick parts on the inside of the intakes. the mirrors are just like the galleardo, the headlights are shaped more like the gallardo with an inverted Y led (or whatever it's called). i dig the car but not the matte yellow, rims, or the sound (people who enjoy aftermarket exhaust may be disappointed). also all the black parts should be in carbon fiber not just black!! the first mod i am going to do on my car will be carbon fiber upgrade!!!

P.S: JON how come i never see your car in monaco? literally never.

Quick Reply: Breaking Lamborghini Murcielago Replacement News! The LP700-4