Teamspeed.com

Teamspeed.com (https://teamspeed.com/forums/)
-   Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo (https://teamspeed.com/forums/aventador-hurac-n-murcielago-gallardo/)
-   -   The Next Big Thing - Murcielago successor details! (https://teamspeed.com/forums/aventador-hurac-n-murcielago-gallardo/42045-next-big-thing-murcielago-successor-details.html)

DJ 05-21-2010 03:13 PM

The Next Big Thing - Murcielago successor details!

Information from the Official Teamspeed Insider - D55L
"The presentation of the Murcielago successor to the dealers and VIP customers will take place in July. All official specs and the official name will be revealed in July to the dealers. Official public launch is supposed to happen at Paris auto show this fall.

There are no new rumors about specs, everything being repeated once and again. CF chassis, probably the monocell, think of MP4-12C but a bit different. New direct-injection V12 good for 700 hp or even slightly more with 0-100 km/h rumored to be around 3.0 seconds and top speed around 370 km/h.

Body will feature some style clues from Reventon, but it will be all-new concept with clear Lamborghini DNA. Car will be shorter than current Murcielago Also, traditional scissor doors are sacrificed to low weight, which is rumored to be below 1500 kg, doors will open in a bit different way to the side first and only then go up. New 21" wheels and upgraded Brembo CC brake system.

Price is to settle around current LP640 price."

alkyoneus 05-21-2010 03:15 PM

I'm sure Roy will order a dozen lol

ZAMIRZ 05-21-2010 03:27 PM

Under 3,300 lbs. with 700 hp. Wow!

frshcoupe 05-21-2010 03:55 PM

I cannot wait until July (with our sources on ts maybe sooner) for this pure awesomeness!!

Randy@DomaniMotors 05-21-2010 04:09 PM

I know D55L already has pics and final details! Come on!!

McRae 05-21-2010 04:25 PM

Excitement!!!

D55L 05-21-2010 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by gk@domanimotors (Post 619746)
I know D55L already has pics and final details! Come on!!

No, I have no pics and official specs. And like all others here I am waiting with passion for them. I guess no one outside of working team at L-factory knows any sure final facts.

Randy@DomaniMotors 05-21-2010 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by D55L (Post 619756)
No, I have no pics and official specs. And like all others here I am waiting with passion for them. I guess no one outside of working team at L-factory knows any sure final facts.

Just kidding buddy! :smilie::friends::smilie:

quattro joe 05-21-2010 04:41 PM

Wow, this will be good

Ludas 05-21-2010 06:40 PM

Jeeez it's getting closer. I'm so excited :) :) :)

IIVVX 05-21-2010 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by ZAMIRZ (Post 619701)
Under 3,300 lbs. with 700 hp. Wow!

seriously, that's one hell of a power to weight ratio.

B4rad 05-21-2010 08:21 PM

This is going to be amazing!! Btw when is fall?? What month?

roytoy2003 05-21-2010 08:55 PM

Information from the Official Teamspeed Insider - D55L
"The presentation of the Murcielago successor to the dealers and VIP customers will take place in July. All official specs and the official name will be revealed in July to the dealers. Official public launch is supposed to happen at Paris auto show this fall.

There are no new rumors about specs, everything being repeated once and again. CF chassis, probably the monocell, think of MP4-12C but a bit different. New direct-injection V12 good for 700 hp or even slightly more with 0-100 km/h rumored to be around 3.0 seconds and top speed around 370 km/h.

Body will feature some style clues from Reventon, but it will be all-new concept with clear Lamborghini DNA. Car will be shorter than current Murcielago Also, traditional scissor doors are sacrificed to low weight, which is rumored to be below 1500 kg, doors will open in a bit different way to the side first and only then go up. New 21" wheels and upgraded Brembo CC brake system.

I think if you go back to my early posts..I SAID it would be shorter and the doors are going bye bye do to weight...but everyone thought I was NUTS!!

Guess we will wait and see.......

D55L 05-22-2010 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by roytoy2003 (Post 619925)
I think if you go back to my early posts..I SAID it would be shorter and the doors are going bye bye do to weight...but everyone thought I was NUTS!!

Guess we will wait and see.......

I have said that you was the very first to mention these facts, which are hard to accept by many. Personally I have nothing against this new door construction if this could bring weight reduction. Also shorter car is very good for agility. There is only thing I am waiting forward to know the facts about is transmission, while tech specs were decided last fall, there is still no sure information about transmission.

Ludas 05-22-2010 10:34 AM

^^ If Lambo choose not to got with DCT I will be almost as dissapointed as I am about Pagani chosing a shit engine for the Zonda successor. Epic fail!

shin 05-22-2010 11:30 PM

I hope the pricing will really be at Lp640 level and not at Lp670-4's.

However one concern for the new car is if buying one of the first year's production, will there be numerous bugs like the old days.. and I'm a bit concerned about the CF chassis.. Ferrari just recently stated that they are not going the CF route (yet) for their mass production cars, because they still have no idea about the longetivity and durability of CF in the long term...

I recall the problem with BMW Z8's chassis (or was it suspension?) melting down but can't remember whether it was a CF or alumunium problem.. as it was BMW's first car using exotic materials.

Shadowman 05-22-2010 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by shin (Post 620523)
I hope the pricing will really be at Lp640 level and not at Lp670-4's.

However one concern for the new car is if buying one of the first year's production, will there be numerous bugs like the old days.. and I'm a bit concerned about the CF chassis.. Ferrari just recently stated that they are not going the CF route (yet) for their mass production cars, because they still have no idea about the longetivity and durability of CF in the long term...

I recall the problem with BMW Z8's chassis (or was it suspension?) melting down but can't remember whether it was a CF or alumunium problem.. as it was BMW's first car using exotic materials.

The Z8 is aluminum and there were in a few cases some that became distorted as such secondary bracing was furnishedby BMW.

The only gal that I know of with both a carbon tub and has also had people questioing them over time are the Porsche CGT with the greatest issue being the fact that UV causes the carbon fiber resins to yellow.

A significant draw back to a carbon tub is the ability or better put lack of ability to repair it as it typically becomes a consumable item if any impact related issues and this does not mean a significant accident.

Takes care

Shadowman

LABrit 05-23-2010 05:23 AM

No scissor doors? wtf.........

ag02m5 05-23-2010 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Ludas (Post 620141)
^^ If Lambo choose not to got with DCT I will be almost as dissapointed as I am about Pagani chosing a shit engine for the Zonda successor. Epic fail!

And DCT means no 3 pedal so I'm sure there are a few who don't find that a bad thing.

ag02m5 05-23-2010 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by LABrit (Post 620636)
No scissor doors? wtf.........

You want to get trapped upside down in a burning car with scissor doors? They look great but I would opt for something like the SLS that can be removed in rollover. I am guessing the new doors will be more safety concious.

D55L 05-23-2010 10:55 AM

Traditional scissor doors seems to be sacrificed to low weight.

Speaking about chassis, IMO and according to the EVO magazine this car will feature CF monocell with aluminium structures in front and rear, think of Mac MP4-12C. This makes the chassis rahter simple, very light and can be repaired much easier than ever before if accident has happened.

I know that all CF chassis repair is the main concern for CGT, SLR, Pagani owners, very costly and car needs to be sent to the factory.

KingVen 05-23-2010 01:08 PM

Dang, whenever I hear "lambo", the doors always come to mind ahah. Specs sound good though, looking forward to it for sure.

Shadowman 05-23-2010 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by D55L (Post 620725)

Speaking about chassis, IMO and according to the EVO magazine this car will feature CF monocell with aluminium structures in front and rear, think of Mac MP4-12C. This makes the chassis rahter simple, very light and can be repaired much easier than ever before if accident has happened.

I know that all CF chassis repair is the main concern for CGT, SLR, Pagani owners, very costly and car needs to be sent to the factory.

Time will tell

Shadowman

TedVIP 05-24-2010 02:57 PM

Can't wait!!

TedVIP 05-24-2010 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by D55L (Post 620725)

Not necessarily, some very good places in Houston that has repaired several CF chassis to factory condition including the Ferrari Enzo. But yes it is expensive to repair.

shin 05-25-2010 10:32 AM

VAG just bought Italdesign Giugiaro. Future Lambos will be extravagant and gorgeous more than ever..as there won't be any clash between Giugairo's work and Lambo's own design division.. as happened with the Murcie, if I recall.. Audi "toned down" the original design a bit.

D55L 05-25-2010 02:26 PM

There were rumors that Giugiaro was also presenting their design for Murcielago successor last fall when the final design was not choosen and I do not know what was the final choice.

sinan 05-25-2010 04:14 PM

Can. Not. Wait.

But I still can't imagine how this thing is going to look more awesome than the SV. Impossible IMO

d3a 05-26-2010 02:27 AM

I have a different info about doors....

D55L 05-26-2010 02:29 AM

Originally Posted by d3a (Post 623117)
I have a different info about doors....

Your post would be much more informative if you would share what info exactly.

GuessWho 05-26-2010 02:44 AM

^^ Word

d3a 05-26-2010 03:43 AM

Originally Posted by D55L (Post 623119)
Your post would be much more informative if you would share what info exactly.

classic style murcie doors (scissor)

shin 05-26-2010 04:48 AM

I believe both info are not inaccurate. I'll explain : with classic Lambo doors, the doors cannot be frameless. The doors go straight up and the frames connect to the roof of the tubular chassis.

With frameless doors, the doors need to open out to the side first. Then the doors go up.

I think it's exactly like aftermarket Lambo doors (ironically).

D55L 05-26-2010 05:38 AM

I have told this rather long time ago - according to the information I have this will be the right scenario - a bit to the side and then up. Those will be not some sort of butterfly or gullwing doors, but not the absolutely classic scissor doors at the same moment.

Ludas 05-26-2010 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by D55L (Post 623175)
I have told this rather long time ago - according to the information I have this will be the right scenario - a bit to the side and then up. Those will be not some sort of butterfly or gullwing doors, but not the absolutely classic scissor doors at the same moment.

Sounds like Koenigsegg doors to me.

d3a 05-26-2010 01:37 PM

koenigsegg doors could be the solution

D55L 05-30-2010 09:17 AM

From what I have heard today - "it will have a DCT transmission..."

I do not know if I should trust, but sounds just perfect. I think we will see more sure information starting to flow out step by step starting from June/July ;)

Ludas 05-30-2010 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by D55L (Post 626846)

I do not know if I should trust, but sounds just perfect. I think we will see more sure information starting to flow out step by step starting from June/July ;)

http://a7.vox.com/6a00bf76d0a9b74383...4d4f0002-500pi

d3a 05-30-2010 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by D55L (Post 626846)

autocar wrote "no dct",it will be good if will have a proper DCT

Chris G 05-30-2010 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by alkyoneus (Post 619687)
I'm sure Roy will order a dozen lol

:hilarious: Truth.