Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

LP 550-2 top speed accuracy??

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010 | 03:44 PM
jox
TEAMSPEED.COM
jox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond reputejox has a reputation beyond repute
Before this debate spins out of control, please allow me to step up as an independent adjudicator. I will fly over, drive your car as fast as it goes and then report back to the TS bretheren.

Then we will know whether someone accidentally turbocharged it for you at your latest service, your crack dealer gave you a bad run and you're seeing things or if Lamborghini is still feeling guilty over once claiming the Countach to have a top speed of 200 (when it actually struggled to reach 150 - but who would argue when it looked like that), so Lambos today could actually be 10-20% quicker than everyone thinks.

Old 02-23-2010 | 03:48 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jox
Before this debate spins out of control, please allow me to step up as an independent adjudicator. I will fly over, drive your car as fast as it goes and then report back to the TS bretheren.

Then we will know whether someone accidentally turbocharged it for you at your latest service, your crack dealer gave you a bad run and you're seeing things or if Lamborghini is still feeling guilty over once claiming the Countach to have a top speed of 200 (when it actually struggled to reach 150 - but who would argue when it looked like that), so Lambos today could actually be 10-20% quicker than everyone thinks.
Jox is high on jizz again.

Old 02-24-2010 | 01:17 AM
Teamspeed Pro
B4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond reputeB4rad has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah it is probably a bit off. But even so, doing the top speed in your Balboni is a good effort!

Old 02-24-2010 | 01:31 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
i did not voluntarily participate in this madness!!

Old 02-24-2010 | 02:31 AM
Teamspeed Junior Member
LAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura about
> Anyone care to share some thoughts?

If the car is equipped with the Nav system (Audi's RNS-E), then you
should be able to do this. When it is on, press NAV, then press/hold
the upper left button for ~5 seconds, then press/hold the upper right
button for ~5 seconds. (These are the buttons around the big center
knob, not the left/right prev/next song buttons at the very top.)

This will enter "enhanced mode" -- bright white background, a bunch
of blue on-screen buttons, all controlled with the big center knob.

One of the Nav-related sub menus will show you km/h and mph -- in
digital form. Nowadays GPS no longer suffers from select availability
and with 8-12 visible satellites you can get 1-2 mph accuracy.

Enjoy comparing it to what your analog speedometer shows. Though
at the speeds you mentioned... consider help from a passenger.

Old 02-25-2010 | 06:20 AM
|
Teamspeed Member
Lamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by tips
i did not voluntarily participate in this madness!!
dude you were enjoying the heck out of it, i still remember the look on your face hahahaha U-TURN!

Old 02-25-2010 | 06:40 AM
|
Teamspeed Member
Lamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by LAUTLOS
> Anyone care to share some thoughts?

If the car is equipped with the Nav system (Audi's RNS-E), then you
should be able to do this. When it is on, press NAV, then press/hold
the upper left button for ~5 seconds, then press/hold the upper right
button for ~5 seconds. (These are the buttons around the big center
knob, not the left/right prev/next song buttons at the very top.)

This will enter "enhanced mode" -- bright white background, a bunch
of blue on-screen buttons, all controlled with the big center knob.

One of the Nav-related sub menus will show you km/h and mph -- in
digital form. Nowadays GPS no longer suffers from select availability
and with 8-12 visible satellites you can get 1-2 mph accuracy.

Enjoy comparing it to what your analog speedometer shows. Though
at the speeds you mentioned... consider help from a passenger.
Are those the buttons you're referring to? and is there anyway i can mess up my computer system or electronics by doing that?

Attached Images  
Old 02-25-2010 | 04:50 PM
Teamspeed Junior Member
LAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura aboutLAUTLOS has a spectacular aura about
> Are those the buttons you're referring to?

Yes.

> and is there anyway i can mess up my computer system or electronics by doing that?

I didn't see anything in the "enhanced mode" menus that made me scared.

Old 02-25-2010 | 05:10 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Captain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond reputeCaptain Stradale has a reputation beyond repute
thats was a great day! speaking of top speed when i was at 300km/h it hit the max rev limit which was surprise for me too ( i didnt know i had a rev limit), so technically speaking i was at just below 300km/h. when he passed me, and he did pass me real FAST

Old 02-26-2010 | 01:35 AM
Teamspeed Pro
tips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond reputetips has a reputation beyond repute
^^

Quick Reply: LP 550-2 top speed accuracy??