Notices
Aventador | Huracán | Murcielago | Gallardo Aventador, Huracán, Murcielago, Gallardo, Superleggera, Coupe & Roadster Discussion Forum.

LP 550-2 top speed accuracy??

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010 | 05:21 AM
|
Teamspeed Member
Lamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud ofLamborghini Balboni has much to be proud of
LP 550-2 top speed accuracy??

Myself and fellow tsers Captain Stradale, 430berlinetta, and tips were on an outing in our beautiful italian ladies and enjoying the ride and taking it easy until, as usual, Captain Stradale started tempting us to go nutts with the stradale's beautiful high revving and shifting notes. So as soon as we hit this long deserted highway in the middle of the desert we all started accelerating. At one point 430 berlinetta decided to calm down and take it easy but i kept running after the stradale and wanted to catch up, but ended up passing him doing what showed on the gauge a top speed of 345 km/h!! At first we thought that was impossible until we stopped and Captain Stradale comfirmed he was at 300 km/h when we passed him and he still couldn't catch up so it might of been true. I was still feeling skeptical about the top speed so i checked on lamborghini's website and noticed that the lp 5502's top speed is 320 km/h. Might be true but bear in mind that Captain Stradale was doing 300 km/h and we were way ahead! Anyone care to share some thoughts?

Oh we did have a photo taken of the gauge at 345km/h by passenger tser tips, but for some miraculous reason the photo got deleted, so we owe a big thanks to tips.

Old 02-23-2010 | 10:20 AM
Teamspeed Senior Member
Wearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond reputeWearymicrobe has a reputation beyond repute
Cars can swing ~5%+/- in perfect condition just due to mechanical/electrical errors. Add in worn tires, high speed runs and possible slipping of the tires at that speed and the number you posted is possible.

Not safe in any way on a public road and beyond stupid but possible.

Old 02-23-2010 | 10:25 AM
Teamspeed Pro
allanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond reputeallanlambo has a reputation beyond repute
@ that speed the Gallardos speedo will be a good 10% off.

Old 02-23-2010 | 12:32 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
isnt 345km/h ~ 215mph? That doesn't sound too unbelievable to me.. i guess?

Old 02-23-2010 | 12:39 PM
Its only three o'clock....wtf
JonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond reputeJonA85 has a reputation beyond repute
Get a GPS and do it again. That will be accurate.

Old 02-23-2010 | 01:21 PM
Teamspeed Pro
TeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond reputeTeutonicCarFan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by STLG
isnt 345km/h ~ 215mph? That doesn't sound too unbelievable to me.. i guess?
You are right on the conversion, but I thought the G balboni top speed was 199

Old 02-23-2010 | 01:54 PM
Banned
STLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond reputeSTLG has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by TeutonicCarFan
You are right on the conversion, but I thought the G balboni top speed was 199

Yea it seems you're right. I skimmed the OP and saw 345km/h before I saw 320km/h

Old 02-23-2010 | 02:17 PM
Nutcrusher
strebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond reputestrebo has a reputation beyond repute
Pics or it didn't happen

Old 02-23-2010 | 03:06 PM
Teamspeed Senior Member
TommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond reputeTommyJames has a reputation beyond repute
The speedos indicated and actual are off by 5-7% on the high side, so subtract somewhere in there and that should be your correct speed. Just like the LP640 that was showing 219. It was actually doing probably closer to 205.

Old 02-23-2010 | 03:25 PM
Banned
I don't understand why the speedo has to be so inaccurate..

Quick Reply: LP 550-2 top speed accuracy??